• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 188

12 posts in this topic

Okay, only potential problem I see is what looks like discoloration (of the printer variety) starting at the bottom right and working its way up. This could also be a simple scanning issue. If that is a printing defect, I'd say 9.2. If that's not an error, I'd say it's going to grade higher and will defer to collector's who are better at grading the 9.2 <.

Definitely a high grade issue you have there from what I see anyhow. I don't even remember that cover, but see it now reminds me of ASM 28 with the all black cover for the 1st Molten Man.

Okay, only potential problem I see is what looks like discoloration (of the printer variety) starting at the bottom right and working its way up. This could also be a simple scanning issue. If that is a printing defect, I'd say 9.2. If that's not an error, I'd say it's going to grade higher and will defer to collector's who are better at grading the 9.2 <.

It's definitely a scanning issue. That can't even be seen on the book itself, so I don't know why it is showing up in the scan. Maybe I need to clean my scanner? makepoint.gif

CGC IT!

That's all I can say. Looks like 9.6 and depending on the graders maybe a 9.8 as it just has a tad of ink rub on the back cover top. That book is almost impossible to find in 9.8 and it would be worth the chance just sending it in as you'll probably get close to 500USD for it should it make the grade it would be 1/3 in 9.8. All corners look good but top left corner with ever so slight blunting could be the factor. Nice book either way! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks everyone. I personally was thinking it has a shot at a 9.8 but wanted to see what you all thought. My luck is it will grade out as a 9.6 which would suck. There's a huge difference between $500 and $45. makepoint.gif

No lower than NM 9.4. Probable NM+ 9.6. Actually has a shot at the NM/MT+ 9.8.

This is the kind of comic I would need to grade in person to stick to ONE grade, instead of the grading range above.

I hope this helps.

CAL hi.gif