• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it me or did shipping prices just hyperinflate?

40 posts in this topic

Wow, I just went online to get a shipping quote for a college textbook. I punched the weight and destination (the UK) into the shipping calculator only to have it spit out a some ridiculous prices. $37 flat rate box to the UK? Last time I checked it was like $20.

Shipping comics to my friends across the pond seems like it's not even practical anymore.

Wow, I just went online to get a shipping quote for a college textbook. I punched the weight and destination (the UK) into the shipping calculator only to have it spit out a some ridiculous prices. $37 flat rate box to the UK? Last time I checked it was like $20.

Shipping comics to my friends across the pond seems like it's not even practical anymore.

Apperently I heard all Overseas US mail must go airmail now

Apperently I heard all Overseas US mail must go airmail now

Could be. A potential bidder just asked for a shipping quote to Australia for a large book and the cheapest option that came up was $37 for Priority Flat rate International. 893whatthe.gif No regular airmail. confused-smiley-013.gif

Global Priority envelopes are up to $11 ($9 to Canada)

Although all Global Priority and Express rates have a 5% discount if you print your own postage.

Surface mail has been eliminated.

For International shipping the following (3) services

Global Priority Mail

Airmail Parcel Post

Economy Parcel Post

have been combined into (1) now known as Priority Mail International with a minimum cost of $16(except Zone 10 I think the min. is $10).

I actually had to ship 2 comics to Australia today. The buyer paid the old rate of $9.50 for Global Priority, so I took it to the post office in the town I work (forgot to mention I finally got a decent job after 1.5 years unemployed and living off selling on ebay)... so the lady at the counter figures it will cost $22.00. I decline and bring the package home to check the new rates online and repackage if necessary for Airmail. Online the rate was quoted at $11.00 for International Priority in Flat Rate Envelope. I wondered if that was actually the new rate since the marquee signs high up above near the ceilings at the post office say International Priority starts at $16.00. I told the lady at this counter (the town I live, not work) what was quoted online and she was able to find the rate for $11.00. So I got a decent rate but I'm still confused. confused.gif

Normal flat-rate Priority Mail went from $8.10 to $8.90!

I guess the post office is trying to make a profit. go figure.

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif
sorry USPS.
893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif
sorry USPS.
not Canada Post 893naughty-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif
sorry USPS.
Canada Post makes tons of $$ but charging high rates. They learned to steal from the customers long ago

893applaud-thumb.gif
sorry USPS.
Canada Post makes tons of $$ but charging high rates. They learned to steal from the customers long ago

Damn Canadians. 893censored-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif
sorry USPS.

Damn Canadians. 893censored-thumb.gif

yay.gif