• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Post Article on Mary Jane Statue

88 posts in this topic

From today's NY Post:

#######

MARY JANE IS SPIDEY 'SENSUOUS'

By NEIL GRAVES

WHAT A DOLL

A sexy new statuette of Spider-Man's girlfriend, Mary Jane, soon to be released by Marvel, has some fans on the Web outraged.

May 16, 2007 -- Say, doesn't that comely babe - barefoot, buxom and scrubbing some laundry - look familiar?

Why, it's Spider-Man's better half, Mary Jane, and, wow, are the Webbed Wonder's fans steamed over this one.

Bloggers are scorching their keyboards, claiming that a statuette of Mary Jane, based on artist Adam Hughes' notion of a fantasy femme, is an eyeful of outrage.

Sporting sexy cleavage and a very exposed pink thong peeking out from tight jeans, Mary Jane is nobody's washerwoman, although she's bending over a tub scrubbing Spidey's iconic superhero gear.

The rendition has gotten so many catcalls that a Web observer, in a six-part outline, said enough already: Cease and desist.

"Devildoll" wrote on the site LiveJournal, "Okay, people. It's been six days and 750 comments and I'm not going to try to keep up anymore.

If you're here to comment about how much you dislike it, I agree with you and I thank you for commenting."

On Blogspot.com, under the title, "Mary Jane, the Other White Meat," a writer said, "The statue represents a big step backwards for those concerned about the state and future of comic books."

A disappointed Angie's electronic diary read, "Sorry but naah. It's a girl in some jeans holding a Spider-Man mask."

And an irate Canadian lass blogged, "I'd like a statue of Spider-Man doing his own damn laundry ... This is the worst thing I have ever seen."

news003.jpg

who gives a sh_t? people need to get a job and quit complaining about everything they can find that rubs them the wrong way. it's just one mans version of mj. don't like it, don't buy it. i'm not.

Dont think so but try again poke2.gif
Are you a Hellenic pitcher? confused-smiley-013.gif
27_laughing.gif
You're a perv for knowing what I said. cloud9.gif

Every fiber of my being said stop reading a few posts ago...yet I pressed on foreheadslap.gif. When will I learn.

Dont think so but try again poke2.gif
Are you a Hellenic pitcher? confused-smiley-013.gif
27_laughing.gif
You're a perv for knowing what I said. cloud9.gif

Every fiber of my being said stop reading a few posts ago...yet I pressed on foreheadslap.gif. When will I learn.

Did you go blind by reading it? confused-smiley-013.gif