• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM LG Amazing Spider-Man 27

10 posts in this topic

Okay, so it's not really a key issue (only sporting the 5th appearance of the Green Goblin), but the price was right ($12). I'm figuring the most significant defects to be the water marking on the bottom right back corner, chipping on the upper back edge, spine stressing w/ color breaks, and the general creasings w/ color breaks, etc. Everything is intact (no tears over 1/16) and the pages are a creamy color.

So, I'm curious to see what the rest of you think.

P1320054.jpg

P1320055.jpg

Yep...front presents like a nice VG/VG+, but the waviness on the back cover suggests that the moisture may be warping the back-end pages slightly (tho with any luck the photo is exaggerating this). I'd guess 2.0/2.5 range.

Yup- back cover is exactly as you see it. I was aiming at a 3.5 - 4.0 when I first saw the cover and insides. Upon flipping it over to see the back, however, you could actually hear the 1.5-2.0 grade points fall on floor from the water/ moisture laugh.gif

But, for $12, still not a bad deal. smile.gif

3.5 if the waviness is limited to some surface moisture damage to the back cover, but if the whole book has water damage and warping I'd say lower, maybe a lot lower like a 2.0 if the whole book is warped.

Moisture induced waviness= back cover only. For me though, once I see any presence moisture / water damage, it's pretty much downgraded into the VG range (+/-). Since this probably would have only graded in the low to mid VG range to start with, I took the grade down another point and a half.