• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my first set (moderns) of CGC submissions back!

21 posts in this topic

I got 8 of my 19 books back today and am pretty happy with how they turned out. Anyone want to do a little grading guessing game, or would you rather me just post the grades, or does anyone even care other than me? insane.gif

BTW, the books I got back were Albedo #2, ASM #199, GS Defenders #1, GS Spidey #1, X-Men #125, 266, 268 and Wolverine (regular series) #1

Thanks everyone for the comments.

You should press this one into a 9.8 by squaring up the bottom of that spine.

tonofbricks.gif

Is that the preferred way of pressing, use a bunch of bricks as weight? insane.gif Thanks but no, I will keep it how it is.

When my other books get back to me I will post scans of them, too. They include the following:

ASM 121 & 122, Incredible Hulk 181 (low grade), Iron Man & Subby 1, Iron Fist 14, Journey Into Mystery 83, Savage Sword of Conan Annual 1, Special Marvel Edition 15, Tales of Suspense 63, Tales to Astonish 35, and X-Men 1.

I'm really looking forward to getting these as they include most of my key books.

Good stuff!

I'm awaiting my 1st ever submission. I hope he have some pleasant surprises:

ASM #300 (9.4 or higher???),

IRON MAN #55 (should be at least 8.5),

ASM vol.2 #36 (2 or 3 copies to test how slight spine rolls from stackng in a warehouse box will affect overall grade of otherwise NM copies - only cost me $0.50 per issue, so it's worth the risk),

PHANTOM STRANGER #1 (Silver Age - mid grade, just want to protect this one),

DAREDEVIL #168 (3 copies - one might be 9.4+, the other two should hit the 9.2 mark),

WOLVERINE #1 (Miller mini x2 - 9.4?),

WOLVERINE #1 (on-going series x2 - 9.4-9.6???),

AMAZING FANTASY vol.2 #15 (9.4???),

NEXT MEN #21 (9.4???),

CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 (both covers - 9.6-9.8???)

+++ some items for my friend.

Those Wolvies had better be at least 9.4 to be worth it.

Lots of DARK covers, so my fingers are crossed....

Loved this storyarc when I was a kid. Couldn't wait for 199 to come out. Spidey chained to the bottom of a swimming pool as the water begins to rise....

Great stuff. What I wouldn't give to be 8-years-old again....cloud9.gif

amazingspiderman199fccgug9.jpg