• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is a unique comic/game store problem...

57 posts in this topic

Or at least I think it is unique 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Anyway, my brother opened a comic and game store in mid-Michigan last summer (as many of you know). I have been helping where I can and doing a bit of Ebay sales for him.

Yesterday morning I was at the store helping him send out some auction items, when in walked this middle aged mother-type. She walked around the store, and passed me muttering "Evil...". She stopped in front of the D&D books display and then walked back to the exit. My brother aksed if she needed any help, and her response was: "This place is evil! Don't think the pastors in this town don't know about this store!" And then slammed the door.

We obviously were stunned. Seeing as my brother has attended the local catholic church for going on 20 years and is a Knights of Columbus member, and has two local pastors coming into the store playing the games on game nights - we just shrugged it off as a nutcase.

Today, I call my brother and he says she was back, this time with a friend and taking notes - concentrating on the D&D and trade paperback sections of the store.

I told him to get in touch with his lawyer and inform him of everything, document everything after they visit (time, who was in the store, what they said, etc), and be prepared for some nasty letters to the editor at the least.

Oh, come to find out she is a local child psychiatrist.

What do you think? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to rant, but these people that want to *spoon* about fantasy novels and D&D being evil are insane. Goethe, Dante, Shakespeare, hell even the Bible itself, are all peppered with allusions to, descriptions of, and references about all things "infernal."

It is people's actions that are evil, not creative expressions. I'll take a guy that plays a Chaotic Evil Half-Orc in a local D&D game, but acts in a generally moral and positive manner over a priest or reverend who acts devout but commits atrocities in secret any day. Who wouldn't?

--S.

I think right wing moral majority types are evil.

Take notes on her next time she comes in.

wow. paint with a broad brush much?

I'm part of the "right wing moral majority" and could care less about D&D.

You need to tone it down a little.

What's your view on it?

How much less?

Cute response. I'll not carry it further with you as this isn't a political forum.

It's difficult to carry on an ethical debate with someone who sets his opponent up for failure before the debate begins.

And yes, this is a poor place for this discussion.

What's your view on it?

why do you care?

I'm evil.

Cute response. I'll not carry it further with you as this isn't a political forum.

**Sorry for the repost, didn't want OldGuy to think that previous post was for him.