• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spidey 100 sketch covers on Ebay

34 posts in this topic

I think there is a two-fold attaction to these books:

(1) The original art aspect, with some especially cool artist

(2) The Spider-Man completist aspect, how could you say you had a complete run of Ultimate Spider-Man, without at least one of these.

Man, am I glad I don't collect Ultimate Spidey.

The McFarlane piece is uber-detailed and pretty amazing for its size. Add to that the fact that Todd isn't doing art like he used to (on Spawn much less on SPIDEY!!!) and you've got a pretty rare piece. tonofbricks.gif

I like several of these but I'm afraid they're going to price themselves out of my purchasing limit stratosphere.... frown.gif

I'd love to pick up the Trimpe piece but boy, it's already at $476 with over 5 days to go. What does everyone think of the value of the Amazing Fantasy 15 cover recreation? I'm curious to watch how it does. It seems like from here on out, this will be the OA Marvel uses when republishing AF15 (and we know how often that is) and as such is about as faithful to the original as you can get. Still, it's a new version. Any guess on how high it's going to go?

-Bob

What does everyone think of the value of the Amazing Fantasy 15 cover recreation? I'm curious to watch how it does. It seems like from here on out, this will be the OA Marvel uses when republishing AF15 (and we know how often that is) and as such is about as faithful to the original as you can get. Still, it's a new version. Any guess on how high it's going to go?

-Bob

In my view it's already priced too high for what is essentially a recreation by a lesser artist.

Hey, this is the dumb kid question, but is this a one of a kind piece, is it being reproduced, and if it is being reproduced, how hard is it to get a copy of Todd's cover? I am HUGE McFarlane fan, and this definitely nice sketch cover. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Wow, the Trimpe cover went for over $1,000 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I loved it, not because of the great front cover, but the creative back cover. I considered bidding until it went over $600....

Front Cover:

0e2e_3.jpg

Back Cover:

0ed8_3.jpg

I loved it, not because of the great front cover, but the creative back cover. I considered bidding until it went over $600....

Front Cover:

0e2e_3.jpg

Back Cover:

0ed8_3.jpg

gossip.gifhi.gif

Front Cover:

0e2e_3.jpg

Back Cover:

0ed8_3.jpg

gossip.gifhi.gif

Congrats Steve!

The next big money one will the Cho, but I don't see it getting anywhere near McF money.

Front Cover:

0e2e_3.jpg

Back Cover:

0ed8_3.jpg

gossip.gifhi.gif

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice pickup, Steve!!!