• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon III June 2-3, 2007

193 posts in this topic

I'll be set up with about 500 comics from the 40s and 50s in a wide range of conditions. Scrooge 1 (CGC 8.5) and other high-grade slabs, Four Color 62 and more Barks, More Fun 67, Superman 15, some LB Cole aviation covers, lots of funny animal, some pre-code horror, original classics, etc, etc.

And I'll be out hiking all day Christo_pull_hair.gif

screwy.gifpoke2.gif

You're right ... I should try to tell my wife that instead we should stay home and sit around the computer. I'll try that and duck very fast tongue.gif

Fake an injury. Works every time especially if you ask for a bell to be placed by the bed so that you can ring it if you need her to bring you something.

She'll find an excuse to leave the house in no time at all. smirk.gif

I'll be set up with about 500 comics from the 40s and 50s in a wide range of conditions. Scrooge 1 (CGC 8.5) and other high-grade slabs, Four Color 62 and more Barks, More Fun 67, Superman 15, some LB Cole aviation covers, lots of funny animal, some pre-code horror, original classics, etc, etc.

screwy.gifpoke2.gif

You're right ... I should try to tell my wife that instead we should stay home and sit around the computer. I'll try that and duck very fast tongue.gif

Fake an injury. Works every time especially if you ask for a bell to be placed by the bed so that you can ring it if you need her to bring you something.

Still a risky approach. Do you have any idea how much damage a bell headed for your gonades at high velocity can do? I'm brave but not that brave ...

i'm torn cause there is a con at the dunn loring fire hall in va.

it's about 40 minutes from me. and it's a decent local/smaller show.

what to do, what to do

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure the selection and pricing will be much better in here, than at a local con with shady LCS owners.

screwy.gifpoke2.gif

Still a risky approach. Do you have any idea how much damage a bell headed for your gonades at high velocity can do? I'm brave but not that brave ...

You guys make me laugh 27_laughing.gif (as usual) and I thought the bell idea was sort of ingenious and might just work. It's worth a shot or a quick duck. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd like everyone to remember that this is "virtual"... so you can "set up" your stuff OFF-LINE anytime, even right now. All you need to do is actually sign up Friday evening or so when the Virtual Convention Hall opens.

You don't actually need to be by your computer all day Saturday and Sunday. (Although it'd be nice to update your site with sale notices, etc. during VCC hours.)

what to do, what to do

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure the selection and pricing will be much better in here, than at a local con with shady LCS owners.

true, but i love seeing the books in person. i'll probably split up my funds

I'd like everyone to remember that this is "virtual"... so you can "set up" your stuff OFF-LINE anytime, even right now. All you need to do is actually sign up Friday evening or so when the Virtual Convention Hall opens.

You don't actually need to be by your computer all day Saturday and Sunday. (Although it'd be nice to update your site with sale notices, etc. during VCC hours.)

True, but since everything is done via PM, it is frustrating for a potential buyer who makes an offer on something of yours and they never hear back till the next day. Then they are unsure if it's been accepted, can they spend that money elsewhere, did someone beat you to it, was Paul really dead, that sort of thing.

Best case scenario, sellers are available to work pm's as they come in.

It stinks for us on the west coast, as the thread starts at 7pm our time. So in order to not get stuck way in the back of the thread, I have to talk the wife into staying in until at least 7pm Friday night, in addition to being home Saturday 3:00-9:00 and Sunday 1:00-7:00. I'd love it if the thread was started earlier, say 6pm Eastern, so I can reserve my booth at 3:00 my time, while at work.

And how do you "set up" the booth without the thread started? Write the code in Word?

I'm trying to decide if I need to "man my booth" the whole time Saturday & Sunday. I know it's ideal, but I can just see myself spending all day on here, to answer 2 or 3 PMs.

what to do, what to do

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Um, do both. 893applaud-thumb.gif

what to do, what to do

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Um, do both. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes. Bring a wireless laptop and find an unsecured signal.

It stinks for us on the west coast, as the thread starts at 7pm our time. So in order to not get stuck way in the back of the thread, I have to talk the wife into staying in until at least 7pm Friday night, in addition to being home Saturday 3:00-9:00 and Sunday 1:00-7:00. I'd love it if the thread was started earlier, say 6pm Eastern, so I can reserve my booth at 3:00 my time, while at work.

And how do you "set up" the booth without the thread started? Write the code in Word?

I'm trying to decide if I need to "man my booth" the whole time Saturday & Sunday. I know it's ideal, but I can just see myself spending all day on here, to answer 2 or 3 PMs.

The time of the opening is set to coincide with this messageboard's 48 hour EDIT window. I.E. We don't want sellers to lose the ability to edit their booths during convention hours.

You can also use the TEST area on this messageboard to test out your booth configuration. Then just cut and paste the code.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=test

The time of the opening is set to coincide with this messageboard's 48 hour EDIT window. I.E. We don't want sellers to lose the ability to edit their booths during convention hours.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought I read that we were going to ask Arch to extend that for the duration of the VCC. Guess not. Oh well, I guess we can wait till 7:01pm to go out Friday. We just like to go to dinner or whatever right after work, since I live 20 miles out of town.

OK, I'm setting my booth up now. What's a good shipping estimate? What do most people charge?

Use priority mail, makes it very easy.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought I read that we were going to ask Arch to extend that for the duration of the VCC. Guess not. Oh well, I guess we can wait till 7:01pm to go out Friday. We just like to go to dinner or whatever right after work, since I live 20 miles out of town.

I wouldn't worry about trying to get your booth listed on the 1st page of the VCC, don't believe it makes a difference...it's all about content! thumbsup2.gif

I was considering selling, but I changed my mind, lol..it sounds like it would be a LOT more fun to just shop... ; wink.gif

Maybe I'll find some of the things on my list 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Canceling dinner plans now...Good thing I don't have a wife wink.gif

But as a wife...;) I think it MIGHT be my civic duty to call Scrooge's wife and warn her about the bell...;)hi.gif

That way she can at least get her friends set to go shopping...;) : angel.gif

So, what was that phone number? makepoint.gif

I wouldn't worry about trying to get your booth listed on the 1st page of the VCC, don't believe it makes a difference...it's all about content! thumbsup2.gif

That is dead on. I check all pages. If I like it, I'll find it and buy it.

headbang.gif