• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note to the Mods

110 posts in this topic

It comes down to this.

I wanted to know what my comic buddies thought were good horror flicks because we have simlar interests. And I know almost all of them do not frequent the WC for obvious reasons.

I don't think I've ever visited the WC - unless that's where the original babe test thread is situated? I've checked that one thread a few times, to be sure grin.gif

House of 1000 Corpses was one of the worse movies I have ever seen

I concur completely, Mutant; this was the 'Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses," right? It had nothing going for it, as I recall. All I ask is a semblance of a plot with a mote of originality in my slasher flicks...

Moving along, "Wolf Creek" barely passed on both points, and the ending was pretty anticlimactic. I don't care it was based on a true story (or 'inspired by' or 'vaguely reflected in' or whatever)... yer makin' a movie, give it a decent ending!

What about the Saw series?

Typical Hollywood I know, but worth watching.... All 3 of them?

Or is one enough.. or too much?

crazy.gif

First one was good ... second one sucked.. I won't even bother watching the 3rd...

For my money.. the best horror to come along in a long time was " House of 1000 Corpses " and part II..."Devil's Rejects"

thumbsup2.gif Correct

acclaim.gif

there was also a French horror film...chick was psycho in it... I can't remember the name of it now... foreheadslap.gif

English translation is High Tension tongue.gif

crazy.gif

First one was good ... second one sucked.. I won't even bother watching the 3rd...

For my money.. the best horror to come along in a long time was " House of 1000 Corpses " and part II..."Devil's Rejects"

thumbsup2.gif Correct

acclaim.gif

there was also a French horror film...chick was psycho in it... I can't remember the name of it now... foreheadslap.gif

English translation is High Tension tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif That's it!!! hail.gif

I concur completely, Mutant; this was the 'Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses," right? It had nothing going for it, as I recall. All I ask is a semblance of a plot with a mote of originality in my slasher flicks...

Moving along, "Wolf Creek" barely passed on both points, and the ending was pretty anticlimactic. I don't care it was based on a true story (or 'inspired by' or 'vaguely reflected in' or whatever)... yer makin' a movie, give it a decent ending!

Yep thumbsup2.gif

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree on the house of a 1000 corpses seeing that I wasn't looking for a horror pure as such knowing what kind of mind Rob Zombie has and the fact that he brought to the light a Natural Born Killers Esqe / Horror Mix did it for me. A bit psycho but who's to say what a movie is supposed to be in this day and age.

My personal favourites were:

HELLRAISER SERIES

PHANTASM

FRIDAY THE 13th

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREETS

-------------------------------HORROR MOVIES KICK SOME SERIOUS SPOONAGE--------------- headbang.gif

I just made a post to it...hoped you saw it. crazy.gif

They did make a Friday the 13th comic book based off the movie...that's vaguely comic related?!?

CGCFrameFridaythe13thvarient.jpg

I always loved Friday the 13th thumbsup2.gif

The Burning

My Bloody Valentine

An American Werewolf in London

Halloween

Burnt Offerings

The Entity

Amityville Horror (original)

I tend to like the late 70's/ early 80's horror flicks. 1980 and 1981 were full of them cloud9.gif

Of course, I was 9 to 11 during that time and thus impressionable to them.

What do you guys think about Rob Zombie's revamp on the Halloween movie?

I'm sort of mixed on it. I'm a huge Halloween fan and think that the original is a classic, so I don't know how I feel about it being redone, but at the same time I'm anxious to see Michael back in action. I am glad to hear Zombie is all about making it scary again and not campy, so that much is cool.

It might be a case where I like the movie as a stand alone, but not so much as part of the series if that makes sense. juggle.gif

crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Correct

Like I said...1,000 Corpses was just sick...in every way imaginable. cloud9.gif

Maybe you horror movie junkies can help me identify a movie from my childhood that scared me senseless.

All I remember about the movie is a nighttime scene where a guy has locked himself in this tiny would shack in the middle of nowhere.....while his friend is being burnt alive somewhere nearby. I just remember him freaking out as his friend screamed out in agony.

I know it's not much to go on... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Maybe horror movies aren't your thing.

crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Correct

Like I said...1,000 Corpses was just sick...in every way imaginable. cloud9.gif

hail.gif

I have old-school tastes I guess. My vote for the best has to go to the original Texas Chainsaw. I was expecting a simple overload of gore or general distastefullness akin to Last House on the Left or I Spit on Your Grave, but was completely surprised at how well it was made and the overall creepiness. From start to finish, I've never seen anything so close to a real-life nightmare.

Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead would also be up in the top ten.

Has anybody seen The Host? Its has a limited release and is only playing at one theater in Boston but I've heard really good things about it from friends.

Has anybody seen The Host? Its has a limited release and is only playing at one theater in Boston but I've heard really good things about it from friends.

Now THIS is one I want to see. I forgot about this movie until I read your post. I love the humor and characters this type of movie gives you. I heard it was a really well made genre bending flick.

Does not hurt the guys from Weta helped with the CGI. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for mentioning it.

And for the record, my original post was related to more recent Horror offerings. There are so many new movies that I have over 20 to choose from that I have not yet seen.

Yes it is a good problem to have, but only if I had the time to get them all in.

So I made a few picks tonight and rented Descent, and Silent Hill. It's a start.

Thanks for all the comments.

Ze-

I should also add that the Water Cooler is a complete cluster *spoon* and I'd rather have a post deleted then moved to that *spoon* up section of the board.

If people here are afraid of the coinees, then perhaps we need to create a Water Cooler within the Comics section, because Comics General is a complete and utter cluster *spoon* these days.