• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to ride the NEW Trolley!...a little something for everyone

209 posts in this topic

JumboComics-21.jpg

I just picked up this trolley copy!

I wanted that one, but I saw the water spot on the O of cOmics and said....no way that's a near mint insane.gif

Very nice colors and a sweet copy 893applaud-thumb.gif

JumboComics-21.jpg

I just picked up this trolley copy!

I wanted that one, but I saw the water spot on the O of cOmics and said....no way that's a near mint insane.gif

Very nice colors and a sweet copy 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif....sure isn't nm but such a cool cover...one of my favs thumbsup2.gif

I was contemplating the Hit 7 and 8, but they were gone in a flash. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

You lookin' at me, kid? You lookin' at me...?

(I also picked up the Hit 9 and Jungle 17) yay.gifyay.gif

STEVE

3x hail.gif for the Hit books. wow, those things are sweeeeeet

oh yeah.....I bought this one too

1815138-AdventureComics-52-5.JPG

Steve

nice one...I was eyeing that one, but went with a different book that has been on my want list for a while...

rick

.....and what's the deal with the RARE and high demand MM5 which is shown raw, but has a CGC previously graded ??? image with a blue label / very minor color touch designation? confused-smiley-013.gif

Steve

I saw this book last weekend...very nice VG book....I think CGC would have graded 4.5, except of the c/t knocked it down...the "color" (and there is some weird color there) was not added as a restoring technique, but marnin believes might have been a mishap somewhere along the way...so, structurally, it is a 4.0/4.5...if I didn't already own one, i would have bought

rick

nice one...I was eyeing that one, but went with a different book that has been on my want list for a while...

rick

Well, don't leave us hanging. popcorn.gif

oops...sorry...bought the Amazing Man 5....been wanting one since last year when I picked up my AM 6...just always kept loosing out (lost out on heritage, lost out on the ebay one)...I am high bidder on the clink one, so I might end up with 2 ...but, wanted to snag this one right away (the ole bird in hand)

rick

rick

oops...sorry...bought the Amazing Man 5....been wanting one since last year when I picked up my AM 6...just always kept loosing out (lost out on heritage, lost out on the ebay one)...I am high bidder on the clink one, so I might end up with 2 ...but, wanted to snag this one right away (the ole bird in hand)

rick

Smart buy, Rick!! Its a truly great book. thumbsup2.gif

.....and what's the deal with the RARE and high demand MM5 which is shown raw, but has a CGC previously graded ??? image with a blue label / very minor color touch designation? confused-smiley-013.gif

Steve

I saw this book last weekend...very nice VG book....I think CGC would have graded 4.5, except of the c/t knocked it down...the "color" (and there is some weird color there) was not added as a restoring technique, but marnin believes might have been a mishap somewhere along the way...so, structurally, it is a 4.0/4.5...if I didn't already own one, i would have bought

rick

I'm definitely eyeing that MM #5 since I truly love the cover. It's a tough decision. I'm wondering why the website has it graded as a 4.5 instead of a 4.0 where you can clearly see that CGC gave it a 4.0? I think a 4.0 is about right because of the spine splits at the top and bottom. Without it, it would probably grade in the 8.0 area. Also, can the book sell for less than th asking price? I made an offer of $5500, but I guess it won't sell unless someone offers the asking price? I'm new to this system and I would appreciate any feedback.

Steve

rick

I'm definitely eyeing that MM #5 since I truly love the cover. It's a tough decision. I'm wondering why the website has it graded as a 4.5 instead of a 4.0 where you can clearly see that CGC gave it a 4.0? I think a 4.0 is about right because of the spine splits at the top and bottom. Without it, it would probably grade in the 8.0 area. Also, can the book sell for less than th asking price? I made an offer of $5500, but I guess it won't sell unless someone offers the asking price? I'm new to this system and I would appreciate any feedback.

It's a borderline book. A solid 4.0 leaning towards 4.5.

Marnin has told me that all bids will be responded to by early next week. He said right now, he's swamped with orders, so he'll be sifting thru all the bids this weekend.

I think CGC would have graded 4.5, except of the c/t knocked it down...the "color" (and there is some weird color there) was not added as a restoring technique, but marnin believes might have been a mishap somewhere along the way...so, structurally, it is a 4.0/4.5...

After looking at the close up scan in the auction ad, and reading the opinions of 2 highly respected Conservators and 1 experienced dealer, that strange purple looking color variation looks/seems accidental - It would not make sense to use a pink/purple pigment to C/T a red book, as much as it wouldn't make sense to have the edge of the 1st 3 pages colored/stained/effected as well. The area in question around the letter "E" looks to be in great shape.....there would be no need to add C/T, as there looks to be no paper loss / surface chipping / damage.

Seems like things got a little screwed up during printing, or this book was in the wrong place at the wrong time when a previous owner had it laying around while doing some arts and crafts with paint or stain......I guess he saw the 10 cent price on the book, and didn't realize it would actually be a $6,000+ highly prized collectible in 2007. I think this is the 1st time I have seen a CGC label reference color touch, and I have my doubts.

Steve

rick

rick

Cool! Great choice! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve

rick

It's a borderline book. A solid 4.0 leaning towards 4.5.

Marnin has told me that all bids will be responded to by early next week. He said right now, he's swamped with orders, so he'll be sifting thru all the bids this weekend.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info.