• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a little help....from Ebay Powersellers

15 posts in this topic

Hey all -

As you might be aware, I have an auction ending today for Amazing Spider-Man #41 (CGC NM 9.4, wp). Another auction went up in the last 24 hours for the same book using my scan and an almost identical description. The seller is "maurovz", who looks shady at best, and the auction number is 2189006168. mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Sorry no link - me stoopid. insane.gif

Anyway, Ebay's website is ridiculous when it comes to filing a complaint. I know that many Powersellers can move right in (somehow) to report scams or make complaints about fraudulent auctions. I wondered if any of you kind souls could intervene on my behalf, calling attention to my auction and this new "maurovz" auction. Any help would be much appreciated! grin.gif

Thanks a lot. By the way, MY ASM 41 is quite nice! acclaim.gif

Dan

This happened to me before - but on a much less expensive book, and the guy that stole the scan was a real dealer(a scumbag one, but a dealer nonetheless)-who not only denied stealing my scan(eventually admitted it) but also put a note on his auction that my auction was a fraud - my auction never made reserve.

Maybe someone here(maybe??? wink.gif ) has a "spare" ebay account and would want to contact that guy's high bidder and tell them that the acution is a fraud.

This happened to me before - but on a much less expensive book, and the guy that stole the scan was a real dealer(a scumbag one, but a dealer nonetheless)-who not only denied stealing my scan(eventually admitted it) but also put a note on his auction that my auction was a fraud - my auction never made reserve.

Maybe someone here(maybe??? wink.gif ) has a "spare" ebay account and would want to contact that guy's high bidder and tell them that the acution is a fraud.

Yeah...Crusty sure punked you out! insane.gif

No...I think I won that one..

I mean, except for me selling the book that first time.

I got it graded then sold it for about 3 times what the reserve was the first time.

You won nothing. The board bailed your sorry arse out because they felt sorry for you! Plus...he was a bigger dink than even Khaos so it wasn't hard! blush.gif

Bailed me out?

I posted the info, and it kind of spiraled from there - I was gone the whole weekend so I had nothing to contribute for the first 5,000 posts of that thing. After about post 12, it took on a life of its own totally separate from me anyways.

Just shut the frig up and hurry up and get that JA5, you dufus. insane.gif

I used this page to report it for you Dan - you may want to file your own complaint since it is your item.

"Report another member who is using your text or images without your permission "

click on the Report link on that page. I hate the whole javascript ebay help thingy...I can't link as easily to it frown.gif

The following examples are not allowed on eBay.

A seller doesn't know the best way to describe an item. The seller copies a substantial amount of another's description and pastes it into a listing.

A seller takes someone else's picture and includes it in a listing since it looks very similar to the item the seller is offering.

A seller likes the way a competitor's About Me page looks. The seller copies the look and feel and a substantial amount of the text and creates an About Me page.

I love the guy's auction description...his account says he lives in Arkansas, but the description says the book will be shipped from Colombia, South America. I guess he's selling this thing on behalf of a drug cartel... insane.gif

Darth,

If copying a the look and feel os a "me" page is not allowed...

Would "Darthweasel" then be technically illegal? Copying the look and feel of another user's ID?

Just curious..and that was the only example that came to mind....

DAn - I'm glad it was pulled. Probably because you reported it. Look at the non-response I got from ebay for reporting it on your behalf:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information. I

understand how this situation could be of some concern.

I have reviewed the information that you provided regarding 2189006168,

but at this point find that I do not have enough evidence to show that

the member has violated any eBay rules.

Unfortunately, we will only be able to take action if the owner of the

image or text writes to us. In some instances, certain members will

allow others to use their images. It is also possible that they

acquired the image from a mutual source. Therefore, we often cannot remove

listings based on the representations of third parties whose

credentials we cannot verify.

We do understand the potential for further issues in this type of

situation. That is why, if you feel strongly about this issue, we

recommend you contact the seller(s) to advise them of the information

and recommend they contact us directly. Once we hear from them, we

will

take appropriate action.

For more information on this subject, please look at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-text-and-images.html

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Thank you for your participation in the eBay community.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Claude

eBay Community Watch