• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer Omnibus

17 posts in this topic

The Surfer IS my wifes character. While we were at the store yesterday, she urged me to pick up the variant as she preferred it much better. Not looking through the eyes of a collector (knowing what the original Surfer #1 looked like) perhaps more causual fans will prefer that one. I went with the original anyways, on the urging of my 7 year old daughter. It was the version I was buying regardless. smile.gif Same with the Spidey, I love Alex Ross artwork but the "variant" of that just isn't as pretty as the original.

Jim

That variant is pathetic.
No worse than a lot of covers, especially during the 80s and 90s.

Sad but true.

The variant will probally sell more, my nephews seen the trailer of the FF 2 with the Silver Surfer during the Heroes final, all they talked about was how cool the Silver Surfer looks, they even went and downloaded the old Fox Silver Surfer tv episodes.It looks like Fantastic Four 2 and Transformers will do better than expected at box office.

That variant is pathetic.
No worse than a lot of covers, especially during the 80s and 90s.

Sad but true.

The variant will probally sell more, my nephews seen the trailer of the FF 2 with the Silver Surfer during the Heroes final, all they talked about was how cool the Silver Surfer looks, they even went and downloaded the old Fox Silver Surfer tv episodes.It looks like Fantastic Four 2 and Transformers will do better than expected at box office.

better than whose expectations? A lot of the public have been looking forward to both movies.