• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No More Grades, Just BIG NUMBERS!

635 posts in this topic

Do you really think so?

They aren't changing their grading standards, just the label.

Chris

How do you know? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Because he graduated and you haven't! 27_laughing.gif

893Funny-thumb.gif

Chris

>sigh< The CGC Apologist Union for Grading Terrificness (CAUGHT) none-too-artfully dodges yet another direct question. confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

The CGC Apologist Union for Grading Terrificness (CAUGHT) none-too-artfully dodges yet another direct question.

27_laughing.gif That's pretty good Khaos. I don't think I'm a CGC apologist. I just don't think there should be such a big deal about the label change. I would expect this kind of thing if CGC announced they were changing their standards. And you're right, we don't know if the standards have changed, now or anytime, as they won't release their grading criteria. But so far, they have done a pretty good job, IMO, at being consistant a majority of the time (yes, there are some "head-scratchers" like the Marvel Pay Copy). If you want to buy graded books, you just have to deal w/ the new label, and have "faith" that CGC is doing the best job they can.

Chris

If everyone was to adopt the numerical code, it would make it a lot easier to know what the seller on ebay who generally sells used car parts means when he says BOOK IN GOOD CONDITION. That said I see no good reason why CGC has removed the letter grade from the label.