• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Kick Sand in His Face!!!

48 posts in this topic

If this is true. It's their own fault.

Flooding the market with sub standard movies was not a wise move.

Didn't they learn anything from the '90s?

Gotta agree w/ Joe here. Seem to have the same view of Hollywood. Punisher is going to SUCK! The first one w/ Dolph did.

And I think we've talked about this before. And didn't we come to the conclusion we'd seen this movie before? It's called "Deathwish".

And yes, Daredevil sucked too.

Chris

And I think we've talked about this before. And didn't we come to the conclusion we'd seen this movie before? It's called "Deathwish".

Chris

Okay, this is really starting to get to me - DAREDEVIL DID NOT SUCK!!!! ANY movie with Jennifer Garner in it by definition cannot suck!!! Stop thinking about the comic side and look at the big picture grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

and Deathwish is actually a really awesome movie. Especially when you do a "now and then" take - the areas where he goes killing people is now some of the most prized residential RE on the whole island!

DAM

Chris

Okay, this is really starting to get to me - DAREDEVIL DID NOT SUCK!!!! ANY movie with Jennifer Garner in it by definition cannot suck!!! Stop thinking about the comic side and look at the big picture grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

and Deathwish is actually a really awesome movie. Especially when you do a "now and then" take - the areas where he goes killing people is now some of the most prized residential RE on the whole island!

DAM

Daredevil sucked. And this is from one of the biggest DD fans on this forum.

Actually rented the DVD and was set to watch it. Watched through the first fight scene and clicked it off. Wanted to play NCAA 2004 more. I planned on finishing it later, but never got enthused enough to do so. Didn't even get to Jennifer Garner's first scene. I returned it this morning. Probably going to cost me $20 in late fees when I go back to pay for it at Blockbuster. mad.gif

I don't know what it was, because I've always liked DD, but the movie just didn't have the same 'feel' as Spider-Man or the X-Men. It was like the director was trying too hard and Ben Affleck wasn't pulling it off....

It's not so much that it sucked....It just wasn't good,....Jennifer Garner was awesome!!!,...and even though i can't stand Colin Ferrell he was good too...what killed it was Ben Affleck,...totally unbelievable in the role, but Hollywood in it's infinite wisdom figures the movie needed star-power and stuck that schmuck in so chicks would want go and see it.

J.D.

Okay, this is really starting to get to me - DAREDEVIL DID NOT SUCK!!!!

It did suck, it was a very bad movie, regardless of who the 'hot babe' was. The high point of the flick for me was Colin Farrel as Bullseye, the only one who came out of the whole thing looking good.

I really liked the DD movie. I loathe, hate and despise comic book films that start off really well and then, by the 1/3 or 1/2 point, start to just go over the top, built a new top, go over that etc etc.

There is a definite formula for the first-time comic book film. Take the first BATMAN. Began beautifully, really a cross between the pre-Robin Detective Batman and the Dark Knght Batman - dark and intense. Then we hit the art museum and stage 2 kicks in - get more and more into the "over the top for over the top's sake" until we hit the "climax" which turns into an action-packed but incredibly boring (IMO) tower fight/climax. SPIDERMAN did the same thing. Started off beautifully, then hit stage 2 with the "over the top" stuff (but better incorporation of relevant character studies than Batman) and again another "over the top" climax that was too protracted.

I thought DAREDEVIL was perfectly paced from start to finish. Yes, less of the over the top stuff even in the climax. Elektra's fate was amazingly translated.

I am in a minority of one here, probably, but I feel DAREDEVIL was a perfectly paced and watchable comic book superhero film. And I went into it literally hating the film from the trailers I saw. In fact, I hated the trailers so much I waited to rent it. nded up loving it and buying it.

Yeah yeah - what the hell do *I* know! I collect precode horror! blush.gifgrin.gif

What killed the DD movie for me was the casting of Electra and ESPECIALLY Bullseye (Farell just trashed the part). They just didnt do it for me. Unlike many others, I thought Ben did a good job as Matt. DD 181 is definately one of my top 10 favorite comics of all time, so maybe I was over critical? On the other hand, I love everyones favorite run of the X-Men (94-143) and I thought the the movies were great. The casting was great, especially Wolverine. Perhaps, If I watch DD again I may grow to like it more (It happened with Blade II).

People are ragging on Affleck, Farrell and Garner, but the faullt should rest squarely on the shoulders of an obviously out-of-his-league writer/director.

I can't see how anyone could think Daredevil had even a passable story. The dialogue absolutely reeked, some of the jump-cuts could rattle a PS2-addled teenager, and the soundtrack was a laughable collection of Matrix-like rejects.

If you have the misfortune of watching it again, just listen to the incredibly cringe-inducing lines that he has Affleck speaking. Watch poor blindman Ben walk, act and fight like a sighted person, while wearing civvies even. See Daredevil pass out from stab wounds and multiple beatings, only to appear seconds later fully recovered and ready to rumble. See Daredevil battle everyone else like Neo on steriods, but suddenly he needs the rain to actually fight the Kingpin at the end.

Oh yes, it's a classic.