• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with a choice

50 posts in this topic

I am gonna buy one of these off of metropolis but I can't decide which one I want more...im gonna post pictures of all three and what they are priced at and I would like some opinons...Thanks!!! flowerred.gif

NA30.jpg

$1000 Graded 6.0 w/ white pages (graded by metro)

Jumbo18.jpg

$1300

Jumbo13.jpg

$1250

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am gonna buy one of these off of metropolis but I can't decide which one I want more...im gonna post pictures of all three and what they are priced at and I would like some opinons...Thanks!!! flowerred.gif

If I were making my choice based solely on cover appeal, I'd choose Jumbo # 13. The combination of an Eisner drawn Sheena and menacing gorillas is very appealing. cloud9.gif

Personally, I'd go for the New Adventure #30. Great "old school" Craig Fleissel cover and arguably a better value given Metro's CGC markups. It's more scarce than the Jumbos and would be Top 3 if graded thumbsup2.gif.

Good luck with your choice...can't really go wrong!

GE

Jumbo13.jpg

My first impulse was the same as BZ. The cover to the Jumbo 13 is "better" than the 18. However, I can see why people are recommending the New Adventure Flessel. In the long-run, the New Adventure is a safer bet but for sheer fun, I'd get the Jumbo 13.

This is listed as Bondage cover. We're starting to note Gorilla Bondage now? screwy.gif West had to be laughing when he put the note in!?

What the heck, I'm going to buck the trend. I love the Jumbo #18 cover. The figures are bigger and more dynamic than on the #13...and Sheena is hotter!...and the electric color strike (always a weakness of mine smile.gif) and higher grade are bonuses too.

But knowing that you're an avid early Adventure collector, I'd think the Adventure would be the clear choice for you. If not that, then pass on all three and wait until a book you really can't live without presents itself. thumbsup2.gif

My first impulse was the same as BZ. The cover to the Jumbo 13 is "better" than the 18. However, I can see why people are recommending the New Adventure Flessel. In the long-run, the New Adventure is a safer bet but for sheer fun, I'd get the Jumbo 13.

This is listed as Bondage cover. We're starting to note Gorilla Bondage now? screwy.gif West had to be laughing when he put the note in!?

That poor gorilla has been chained up for so long he couldn't reach his toenail clippers! crazy.gif

Oh btw, New Adventure hands down! sumo.gif

and the electric color strike

It's from the scanner, not the book. You can always tell by looking at the color of the label. On that one, the label is a way brighter blue than it would be in-hand. The book's colors will be duller than they appear. I learned this the hard way.

I hate it when dealers don't adjust the brightness of their scans to reflect reality. 893censored-thumb.gif

Jumbo 18

9.2 GA's don't come along too often and its a pretty sweet cheesecake cover. The 13 is good too but label chasers will make the 18 a better investment and fewer flaws to distract.

If the Adventure were graded by CGC as unrestored and no interior problems I might go with that one.

If you want the book raw anyway, I'd go with the Adventure.

It's from the scanner, not the book. You can always tell by looking at the color of the label. On that one, the label is a way brighter blue than it would be in-hand. The book's colors will be duller than they appear. I learned this the hard way.

I hate it when dealers don't adjust the brightness of their scans to reflect reality. 893censored-thumb.gif

Very good point, and fair enough. But since the predominant color is solid yellow and it's an unrestored 9.2, I'd guess the colors are still nice in hand, even if less vibrant than the scans.

Very good point, and fair enough. But since the predominant color is solid yellow and it's an unrestored 9.2, I'd guess the colors are still nice in hand, even if less vibrant than the scans.

I am sure the book will look nice, but once the buyer is primed for colors that look like that anything would be a real letdown.

There are more than a few dealers who are guilty of this practice, and I am not talking about Heritage (I think their scans are excellent). To me, it's not much better than outright photoshopping. mad.gif

But knowing that you're an avid early Adventure collector, I'd think the Adventure would be the clear choice for you. If not that, then pass on all three and wait until a book you really can't live without presents itself. thumbsup2.gif

You would think it would be an easy choice....but for some reason those early high grade jumbos really got my attention...I agree the sheena on #18 is hotter gossip.gifyay.gif

I would buy the adventure, have the cover cleaned, and away you go!

gator

893scratchchin-thumb.gif.....thats a pretty good idea gator...since the dirty cover and how it affected its eye appeal was my hesitation with this book in the first place 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gator

893scratchchin-thumb.gif.....thats a pretty good idea gator...since the dirty cover and how it affected its eye appeal was my hesitation with this book in the first place 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Easy choice, I'd go for the adventure 30! Is cleaning the cover considered restoration?

gator

Me too.

My own collecting preference is for Adventure over Jumbo, but I was turned off by the Adventure's dirty cover.

I would echo Piper's question, is cleaning the cover considered restoration?

hello all...

aqueous cleaning is restoration, as chemicals are added to do the cleaning...maybge a dry cleaning would really boost the eye apeal (I love those early Adv), and that is technically not restoration

gator