• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby Art! Let's see it...

71 posts in this topic

Your stuff always amazes me Dan I would love to see your whole collection some day. Here is my start into Kirby art not much but an earlier Machine Man appearance. Got it from Romitaman of course. Kirby gallery page

Hoping to get a better piece in the future. Still happy with this piece since he calls himself Mister Machine thought it was kinda cool. It you look further into my gallery you will see two Nice early Hero For Hire pages w/ the FF I picked up from Dan a while ago.

I'm really quite fond of my two Kirby pieces. Both have sentimental value for me, since I bought both as a child and remember quite well how thrilled I was to get them. The OMAC is beautiful and clean and the inking by D. Bruce Berry is spectacular, in my opinion.

The Super Powers cover has things rarely seen from Kirby: Superman without anyone redrawing his face; the Flash; and Lex Luthor. Plus, it's good 1980s Kirby. I think this cover is one of his all-time best.

These are two pieces I don't ever intend to trade or sell; they're both part of the permanent collection. Both are just way too important to me to ever let go.

Mike B.

Those are such cool Hero For Hire pages. That was a great series with great inking by Graham!

I love those pages they are definitely part of my permanent collection. I've actually had a couple of offers to buy them of me for quite a bit more than I paid. But anything FF related is off limits, anything else well... that's a different story.

Guys, those are great pages. But I thought the title of this thread is "Let's see it" not "Let's link to it..." makepoint.gif

So get your UBB code goin' and post some images! yay.gif

Dan, your stuff always makes me drool. And Brian and Mike, those are sweet pages!!

I tried to pick up a 2001 Space Oddyssey Machine Man page recently but it sold in about 5 seconds.... frown.gif

Here's a few pieces from my gallery. I've shown some of these before and am happy to again show some of the King's treasures....

Bob Layton Iron Man recreation -- lightboxed over the original Kirby pencils

kirbyim90recreation.jpg

a consecutive run from FF 40: Uh, if anybody knows where the rest of the OA to this classic battle scene is, please let me know as i'd love to see it (and make an offer!!!):

ff40p16.jpg

ff40p23.jpg

XL_ff40_18.jpg

TOS 84: Cap vs Super-Adaptoid

TOS84P8.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 125:

JIM125splash.jpg

Those Kirby Fantastic Four Pages are incredible 893applaud-thumb.gif I'd wet myself if I ever had something that great in my collection. Also Love every other Kirby page I've seen in the thread so far. cloud9.gifTurning green with envy.

893whatthe.gif DUDE! Thor vs Galactus all-out action page??? YOWZA! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks. Yeah, I'm really pleased to have it.

You've got some killer stuff. Love that FF sequence and the JiM splash, and I've admired the Fin Fang Foom page in your gallery since you first posted it. Great batch of Kirby!

Wasn't it you who mentioned the other day you'd like to put together examples from each of his silver age titles? I've often thought that would be cool also.