• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect.com

170 posts in this topic

New competition to comiclink, and backed by Metropolis? This is the email.

I'm emailing to introduce myself and to request your feedback. I am the Site Admin for the new website, www.comicconnect.com. I was given your name as part of a hand-picked list of mailing-list members whom Metropolis Collectibles thought would benefit from this site, and would be able to contribute helpful advice.

May I send you a short questionnaire of 5 questions? If you would not like to participate, but would like to be on the ComicConnect.com mailing-list, you can also reply to this email without a message, and I'll make sure you'll stay updated with news and announcements.

Without further ado, here is the website.

www.comicconnect.com

One last thing... selling on the site is 100% FREE until September, and ComicConnect will NEVER charge Buyer's Premiums. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Jason Trobman

ComicConnect.com

Ph: 212.895.3999

PS - ComicConnect is a separate company from Metropolis Collectibles. Although staffed by some of the same people, it was designed not to be a dealer's site, or Metropolis' site, but rather, a service where the members have control over the prices they pay and/or receive for their transactions.

New competition to comiclink, and backed by Metropolis? This is the email.

I'm emailing to introduce myself and to request your feedback. I am the Site Admin for the new website, www.comicconnect.com. I was given your name as part of a hand-picked list of mailing-list members whom Metropolis Collectibles thought would benefit from this site, and would be able to contribute helpful advice.

May I send you a short questionnaire of 5 questions? If you would not like to participate, but would like to be on the ComicConnect.com mailing-list, you can also reply to this email without a message, and I'll make sure you'll stay updated with news and announcements.

Without further ado, here is the website.

www.comicconnect.com

One last thing... selling on the site is 100% FREE until September, and ComicConnect will NEVER charge Buyer's Premiums. Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Jason Trobman

ComicConnect.com

Ph: 212.895.3999

PS - ComicConnect is a separate company from Metropolis Collectibles. Although staffed by some of the same people, it was designed not to be a dealer's site, or Metropolis' site, but rather, a service where the members have control over the prices they pay and/or receive for their transactions.

I was handpicked too. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Got the same mail about an hour ago.

Looked it up and yes, it's owned by Metro with Fischler as main contact person (DNS registry)

At least they used the personal touch and addressed me by my real name, so either it's not a mass-mail thing or the webmaster is doing a lot of typing smile.gif

Went to the website and from the look of things it might very well be geared towards competing with comiclink

Looks like they have a lot of Metro's inventory on it? Maybe we can actually get a decent disocunts on some books after all as stale inventory doesn't help cash flow.

Has anybody bid on any of these books yet to see if there is actually a discount to be had ?

I got the e-mail too and will consider posting a few books on it during the free period to test it out. Must be the cheap gene ingrained in my slavic heritage, but whenever I see "steep discount" or "free" I pay attention.

How long before ComicConnect joins the ever-expanding "ComicLink tried to sue me for copying their "original" idea" club?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My sense is that the cease and desist papers are being drafted as I write this... especially since one could argue that "link" and "connect" are synonomous.

How long before ComicConnect joins the ever-expanding "ComicLink tried to sue me for copying their "original" idea" club?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My sense is that the cease and desist papers are being drafted as I write this... especially since one could argue that "link" and "connect" are synonomous.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the email. Personally, I welcome the new competition with ComicLink and PedigreeComics. More competition is good for all comic collectors. thumbsup2.gif

I have my entire ASM CGC collection and Daredevil 1-10 on ComicConnect.

Can't see how ComicLink can sue as any website auction site is pretty much like any other.

Marnin's (Collectors.Assemble and ComicCollectors.net) have buy it now and the right to make offers.

Furthermore the website was advertised in last year's Overstreet and now has come live. If there had been any issues they have probably already been dealt with.

Ben Smith from www.comicconnect.com here. Just the first day has been a whirlwind -- we're overwhelmed by the tremendous response the site has been getting. It's already exceeding all expectations we had for the site -- BY A LOT.

In any case, most of you know I'm not a regular poster, but I've been periodically peaking over at this forum when I can. Please keep the comments coming! The good, the bad, whatever. We want to know what people think. Also, not everybody got a survey, so if you'd like one, please email the ComicConnect Site Admin, Jason Trobman, at support@comicconnect.com.

Ben Smith

www.comicconnect.com

"Selling on ComicConnect.com is so easy, even Bizarro can do it!"

"ComicConnect is FREE until Sept. 2007. No commission fees."

ps - no discount's on my books unless pretty close to asking price sumo.gif

I hit the buy it now on one and received an e-mail thanking me for my purchase, then later getting another that the seller wont sell for that price! 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

But i'm ok with it. It must have been a mistake. $30 for a Spider-Man #176 cgc 9.4. Pretty book too, nicely centered, hard to find one that looks that good.

But unlike Colmore's site when it happened to me on there, they gave me a $15 credit towards my next purchase. thumbsup2.gif

Not too happy with this.

PAYMENTS: ComicConnect shall pay to you the sum of the final realized price of all your items sold, less a 10% commission retained from the proceeds of the sale. The Sale Price of items paid for by the Buyer with a fee-bearing payment type, such as credit card or Paypal, shall have a 3% deduction to be applied against the expense of receiving the payment incurred by ComicConnect. Each payment made to you shall be accompanied with a written accounting of the sales activity, specifying which items sold.

If I sell an item and the buyer pays with a credit card, I have to eat the 3%? I just submitted a book to their site but I think I'm going to cancel it.