• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob's Convention Buys

21 posts in this topic

Well, I've been buying GA at the Paradise Toronto Comicon so far. Sadly, no ME Ghost Riders at any booth. That said, I did get my Tim Holt 11 and some Boy Comics issues I thought I'd share. (I'll probably post my Iron Man 1 in the SA forum as well.)

Figured some of you guys could appreciate these. First post will be the Tim Holt 11 which was the token beater of the group. I needed the book, though, and haven't seen it anywhere else since I started looking.

Tim Holt 11 (First Ghost Rider)

timholt11.jpg

timholt11.jpg

That's pretty dang nice for a "beater". Wish my beaters looked that good thumbsup2.gif

Angelo

It is! (Thanks for the compliment.) That's what sold me on it. It was advertised as "VG" but I have a bad feeling CGC would interpret some of the defects as 2.0ish on further inspection. Either way I'm truly happy with the book.

Still another 1 or 2 scans coming. And hopefully 1 or 2 more will be posted Sunday.

timholt11.jpg

That's pretty dang nice for a "beater". Wish my beaters looked that good thumbsup2.gif

Angelo

It is! (Thanks for the compliment.) That's what sold me on it. It was advertised as "VG" but I have a bad feeling CGC would interpret some of the defects as 2.0ish on further inspection. Either way I'm truly happy with the book.

Still another 1 or 2 scans coming. And hopefully 1 or 2 more will be posted Sunday.

I'll take a 2.0 that looks like that ANYDAY, EVERYDAY!

Angelo

Nice pick-ups, Rob... that Boy #12 is cool - great cover! Why doesn't Crimebuster let those guys finish torturing Hitler first, tho? insane.gif

That's not Hitler, my friend. That's an American G.I. being tortured.

Angelo

Lonestar has a VG tim Hoilt #11 for $76

I have been eyeing it, but never pulled the trigger gossip.gif

Is Lonestar a store or a boardie I haven't heard of? I wouldn't mind being greedy and owning a couple of them.

Is Lonestar a store or a boardie I haven't heard of? I wouldn't mind being greedy and owning a couple of them.

Lonestar is mycomicshop.com. If you do a search under their web name, you'll find they've been mentioned a bit around here, both good and bad.

Angelo

Lonestar is mycomicshop.com. If you do a search under their web name, you'll find they've been mentioned a bit around here, both good and bad.

Angelo

Ahh Thanks. I'm familiar with them but I guess I don't think about them as "Lonestar" even though they are.