• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmm an awkward dilemma

63 posts in this topic

You books suck so who cares?

Unless they are Charlton Romance, then Greggy will change his tune sumo.gifhi.gif

Nah, those suck more than the dookies circa 1995

You books suck so who cares?

Unless they are Charlton Romance, then Greggy will change his tune sumo.gifhi.gif

Nah, those suck more than the dookies circa 1995

Those were good times cloud9.gif

Coach Kaetiohanvwo;ifhvnp quit on Dook that year acclaim.gif

The reason I said to forget about it has nothing to do with being a man or showing your manhood confused-smiley-013.gif

If you have never been through a heated break-up or a divorce you really have no idea what i'm talking about.

The best thing Sid can do at this moment is to forget about his books, its obvious she is pizzed so there is really no need for him to fuel her anger any further. It takes only a couple of minutes for her to destroy what is his.

If he sits back and waits, she might cool off, and she might actually think about giving his stuff back undamaged 893whatthe.gif

But by all means, when/if you go through a break-up you run down there and show her what a man you are thumbsup2.gif

The reason I said to forget about it has nothing to do with being a man or showing your manhood confused-smiley-013.gif

If you have never been through a heated break-up or a divorce you really have no idea what i'm talking about.

The best thing Sid can do at this moment is to forget about his books, its obvious she is pizzed so there is really no need for him to fuel her anger any further. It takes only a couple of minutes for her to destroy what is his.

If he sits back and waits, she might cool off, and she might actually think about giving his stuff back undamaged 893whatthe.gif

But by all means, when/if you go through a break-up you run down there and show her what a man you are thumbsup2.gif

Way to miss the point. I said that he should wait a week or two to let things cool down. Then, go get what's rightfully his. It's simple. If she did destroy his property, he'd have a right to prosecute her for the damages. You make it sound like just because she's angry that he has no rights. Too bad for her - she has claim to his property and he has every right to get it back. This has less to do with showing someone what a man they are than it does in doing the right thing and not being afraid to stick up for yourself.

Don't listen to those telling you to forget about you stuff. Give it a couple of weeks to cool down and then call or visit in person (you aren't under any restraining orders I hope) and politely but firmly tell her that you want your belongings back.

I can't believe the numbers of "men" these days who won't do the least bit to assert themselves when it's clear that they have a right to do so.

It's clear that you have a right to your belongings, so don't be afraid or intimidated. It's your stuff, go get it. Remember, polite but firm. Don't be afraid to be a man and demand your property. Good luck. headbang.gif

oh no, now my manhood has been insulted. i would respond, but fear of further character assassination prevents me from doing the manly thing and telling you to FOAD.

i guarantee you that neither Nik nor I are "intimidated" by the process of getting stuff back. we just both realise that the headaches might not be worth it. but thanks for the insinuations, they were worth a chuckle

Hey if you're offended it's because you feel there's some relevance to my post. I didn't single out anyone in particular. If you subscribe to the idea that it's not "worth it" to make an effort to get what's rightfully yours, then I do question your definition of what a man is. The same applies for a woman, too. Everyone has the right to stick up for themselves - if one chooses not to, then that's a form of weakness. Rationalize it any way you wish.

no, i'm not offended, i just think you're a *spoon*. you seem to like telling people what they're thinking before asking for clarification. which wouldn't be a problem if a) you knew what you were talking about and b) you were right. but you don't, and you're not, so excuse me if i respond to it. for what it's worth, and even though you never asked, i wasn't even referencing "sticking up for (one's self)," but was talking about picking the battles you choose to wage and the manner in which you wage them.

if you have the balls to insinuate someone's "unmanly" because they'd choose a different path than you to, then have the balls to admit you're talking about them when they call you on it

So me and my girl split up recently... how does one go about asking for his comic books back after this? 27_laughing.gif and... it was not a nice easy break up, lots of kicking and screaming.

popcorn.gif

The important question is how hot is she. If she is smoking than I would be happy to get them back for you.