• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spinner Racks...

116 posts in this topic

Mark how is it your so damn busy,yet you come across these gems in such great shape.You officially suck! :baiting:

lol I wish I could take credit for this one! It was total darn luck of being in the right place at the right time!

The guy I bought it from is not even a dealer. He is a collector of movie memorabilia and he is friends with the Convention creator and agreed to bring some stuff out to sell. He drove from OH and along the way he stopped at an antique store in PA and found it!

Fate! (thumbs u

I attended a fantastic Nostalgia Convention today with numerous tv stars from the 50s and 60s. While most of the dealers had movie/tv memorabilia (and I purchased some really cool espionage lobby cards and posters, comic book related lobby cards and original stills from A Night to Remember, which was about the Titanic), I was delighted to find this item below!!!

Given the text on the sign I would say it is from 1955-56 just after the Comic Code Association started operations (if someone knows differently let me know!).

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

And as it properly should be - filled with vintage ten cent Golden Age (and, yes, some Silver Age) comics!!!!

DSCN1723.jpg

DSCN1725.jpgDSCN1724.jpg

This is a super find Mark. I would like to see pics of the Night to Remember Stills as well. That was a great movie.

Mark how is it your so damn busy,yet you come across these gems in such great shape.You officially suck! :baiting:

lol I wish I could take credit for this one! It was total darn luck of being in the right place at the right time!

The guy I bought it from is not even a dealer. He is a collector of movie memorabilia and he is friends with the Convention creator and agreed to bring some stuff out to sell. He drove from OH and along the way he stopped at an antique store in PA and found it!

Fate! (thumbs u

Great find Mark :applause: