• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spinner Racks...

116 posts in this topic

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool. It is now sitting in the "kids" section of my local LCS on loan, holding tons of Archie and kids books for little kids to pull through.

That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while. thumbsup2.gif

I second that! MAJOR kudos to FD!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now if only we could get some placed in drug and convenience stores... cloud9.gif

I have wanted one for a long time, but Florida is way too far away to deal with.

I was thinking about going for Court's but it was gone by the time I figured out where I could actually put it.

Hopefully someone in Socal will want to get rid of one at I will have one for my office.

I have wanted one for a long time, but Florida is way too far away to deal with.

I was thinking about going for Court's but it was gone by the time I figured out where I could actually put it.

Hopefully someone in Socal will want to get rid of one at I will have one for my office.

Maybe you should a post Wanted ad on craigslist. You may find one quickly that way.

HPIM0128.JPG

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool.

Me too. Although mine is in my comic room. sorry.gif Unfortunately, bagged and boarded comics are too wide to fit in the slots. frustrated.gif

how funny is that - i've got one of these here in my comic room as well. four-sided with that logo of Richie Rich, Spidey, Archie and Supes. i got a great deal from The Blob in NYC a couple of years ago.

i actually stretched the racks slightly and am able to fit my 1970's marvels with backing boards in it. but i only display books that i have at least another 3-4 copies of............and only the lowest graded copies, since i wind up giving them away occasionally to my nephews and daughters friends.................... grin.gif

I bought one of these from Araich - they are wickedly cool. It is now sitting in the "kids" section of my local LCS on loan, holding tons of Archie and kids books for little kids to pull through.

That's the nicest thing I've heard in a while. thumbsup2.gif

Dear Joe Collector,

You really are a big softie aren't you?I can't believe I found a post by you that doesn't insult someone.You are just a big Teddy Bear deep down inside.I knew you had a soft spot.Keep up the new direction!

Ms. Grundy

Miss_Grundy.GIF

Here is couple of pics of my rack

Adamsrevolverbumped.jpgPicture021fixed.jpg

Feb15115.jpg

Millerevolverbumped.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Bump

I love the set-up and it makes me nostalgic as hell to see it, but how do you keep your books from receiving spinner rack creases displaying them that way? Do you have some kind of buffer that prevents them from touching the books? It is still nice....just concerned about the possible damage.

Scott

how do you keep your books from receiving spinner rack creases displaying them that way? Do you have some kind of buffer that prevents them from touching the books? It is still nice....just concerned about the possible damage.

I'm looking to buy one too, and wondered the same thing. Any repsonses?

Over time, if you leave the comics in there, it's possible that the angle they sit at will cause an indent in the cover/bag where the metal bars are.

Other than padding the metal (and there's a lot of metal), I just put readers in there (preferably unbagged.)

I bought one a few months ago looks just like FLYING DONUTs.I paid about 500.00 shipped I probably overpaid but I really wanted that RACK! Works great and sqeaks slightly, but hey thats the charm and nostalgia of these items. I do beleive long term they are great investments as people in our hobby all have great memories of these. I have not seen them too often for sale which tells me people are not wanting to let go of these memories.