• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spinner Racks...

116 posts in this topic

COMIC BOOK VENDING MACHINES!

Please, someone show me a picture! When I first started buying comics I would put my dime & nickel in the slot, push in the lever and out drops the comic to the bottom bin!

I haven't seen one since comics went to .20 cents!

:whatthe: Watch out for them corner dings!

I have slabs on mine. Actually, if you place them juust riight, you can fit two slabs in each slot.

And the whole rack isn't unstable when loaded up with slabs, even with two per? Is this a spinner rack or a flat-back-along-the-wall-type rack?

No, the rack isn't unstable. It's a spinner rack, but I will caution that it's a bit more sturdy than some others I've seen. Were I not a pygmy with uploaded images, I'd show it...

After a looong search, someone on the boards posted a link to Craig's List with an old-time spinner rack in the Mid-West area, but pick-up only. I live just outside Philly but I am now the proud owner of the rack, thanks to Tony (Mutant Manatee) who picked it up, packaged it bomb-proof and shipped it to me last year.

I keep decent SA under copies of assorted titles unbagged with a cut-down board in the middle of the book as the front copy. Behind each "visible" book I keep a stack of 90's drek to make the rack look full. Example; Behind that Fine FF 27 that shows, are a stack of FF issues from the late 300's, etc.

Thanks again, Tony...I love the old thing to death. :applause:

No problem! Glad to help out a fellow spinner rack fan. I'm glad that you are getting so much enjoyment from it! (thumbs u

Hi Tony - Hope your summer is going well. I think I'm going to be at the Chicago show, so if you're going, I would like you to stop by and say hello. I'll let you know beforehand. Thanks again for doing that for me.

Richie

No problem! Glad to help out a fellow spinner rack fan. I'm glad that you are getting so much enjoyment from it! (thumbs u

Hi Tony - Hope your summer is going well. I think I'm going to be at the Chicago show, so if you're going, I would like you to stop by and say hello. I'll let you know beforehand. Thanks again for doing that for me.

Richie

Richie,

I will be at San Diego, Chicago, and Mid-Ohio this year. Would love to meet you. Drop me a line when your plans are finalized!

Tony

Here's mine, jammed full of undercopy duplicates. This spinner rack takes me back to 1975 when I first started buying comics off the stands. Often when I'm in the family room I will grab a handful of comics from it to read. Pure bliss!

spinner-rack-1.jpg

spinner-rack-2.jpg

I picked up this same rack in NYC one sunday night after a long weekend from our own "the Blob". I have mostly Marvel undercopies and Classics Illustrated in mine.

I'll be filling it up again after our move to Penna is completed in 2-3 months...and will then try to fill it with only books on the store shelves for a specific month somewhere in 1961-1964... :cloud9:

You'll need to ask a question before you get an answer.

I may be wrong though, if you want to try it this way first.

Welcome to the boards, either way. May all of your thoughts be answered. :foryou:

Hello....new guy to the boards..... looking for some help with spinner racks. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Dana

Welcome to the boards Dana. What would you like to know about spinner racks?

You are much more exoteric than I am. ^^

Hello....new guy to the boards..... looking for some help with spinner racks. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Dana

Welcome to the boards Dana. What would you like to know about spinner racks?

You are much more exoteric than I am. ^^

exowhateric?? My spinner rack is making me dizzy....