• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 Wolverine #2

8 posts in this topic

I'm a kid that's just recently gotten back in to the comic collecting scene, and am about to send my first issue in to the CGC. Tell me what you think I should expect? (I'm sorry for the scans cutting of the very tips of the top corners, but go off of what you see)

Wolverine 1982 mini-series, issue #2

scan001001.jpg

scan002001.jpg

some color breaking spine creases, front cover bottom right fold, what looks like a fold and slight discoloration on the back top left corner, and what appears to be a tear on the top right front cover. is that a fold between the "L" and "V" on the front?

7.0-7.5ish

is that a fold between the "L" and "V" on the front?

No, it's the way it scanned. It may be fading, but it's not folded.

7.0. Unless this copy holds really special meaning to you, you may want to hold off sending this one to CGC. You could probably buy an already slabbed CGC 7.5 or 8.0 of this for about the same cost as the slabbing/shipping fee.

I think you're right about the price, but it is a pretty sentimental issue for me. The inside is flawless, aside from a few minor printing issues, so I was thinking a 8.0.

Thank you for the opinions, everyone smile.gif

I love these forums.

I'm tracking with CD4ever's spine stress count, as well as the color ticks on the bottom edge of the front cover. Some minor discoloration spots on the back cover (upper left corner and on the upper right edge), corner crease bottom front cover, and ding on the front cover edge across from Wolverine's shoulder w/ color break.

I guess I'm on the lower end here saying 6.5 FN+.