• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Paradise Comic Con...Full report !!! Super Pic Heavy

65 posts in this topic

i read the entire report as well, and i have to add something about those $3 bins.

among the many books i purchased from those bins, i found a book in there that, if it were an original printing, would be waaaaay out of my price range. luckily for me, i found this for $3:

spidermanturningpointep0.jpg

at least i have a copy of the story now smile.gif

i freaked out at firs when i saw the book, and then i noticed the "Marvel Tales" and i calmed down.

cool find none the less

Great report Jim, I was run ragged by the end but I still had an enjoyable weekend.

I wish I had had the time to peruse some of the dealer booths myself, but I only had time to share some brief words with some of the various dealers on how things were going. As you pretty much outlined, they were all over the map - from "best show for sales ever" to "worst show for sales ever".

Attendance was up. I don't think it was up by much, but it was up. The friday night freak storm cut short arrivals during the last two hours or what is essentially our "Preview Afternoon". Numbers started off very well though, and those people were around to the end. Saturday was about the same, maybe a little more than last year, and Sunday ended up, much to our surprise, to be nearly as strong as Saturday - my guesstimate is nearly double what we drew in last year on the Sunday.

My pick-ups were mostly artwork and prints, and, thanks to Alex, some Signature Series and autographed hardcovers. Once I've had some sleep I'll look into getting some scans done. Don't know what I'll do about the massive four foot by three foot mural I won at silent auction from the Royal Academy guys. It's stunning and has dozens of characters on it. I also ended up with artwork from Wagner, Jeanty, Grummett, Mulvihill, Davis, Caldwell, Linsner, Golden, Cooke, Immonen (yes!), Andrews, Sayger and reserved two pages with Andrasofsky.

MAJOR KUDOS to Alex Hunter for getting me a great sketch on one of those Fallen Son books. Had an idea for what I wanted.....and the next thing I know he comes up to my booth with it done. hail.gif

Can't wait to get it back. Thanks again buddy flowerred.gif

MAJOR KUDOS to Alex Hunter for getting me a great sketch on one of those Fallen Son books. Had an idea for what I wanted.....and the next thing I know he comes up to my booth with it done. hail.gif

if you don't mind me asking, what or who did Alex get done for you?

Post it or should i just wait for it to be listed on the boards 400x until it sells insane.gifpoke2.gif

Post it or should i just wait for it to be listed on the boards 400x until it sells insane.gifpoke2.gif

How can I post a book I don't have? Read much? makepoint.gif

ahhh to of my favorite knuckleheads at it...just like the ol days cloud9.gifpoke2.gif

ahhh to of my favorite knuckleheads at it...just like the ol days cloud9.gifpoke2.gif

I didn't scan that one. I got it done on Sunday morning and it went straight into CGC. It is original though. I thought about stealing it, but it was original, so I will leave it at that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hello, I was at the con on Friday and Sunday, overall a good con. The guys from Paradise put in a lot of work into it, and it showed. I didn't get the books I was looking for, but did pick up two commision pieces. I'll post up the one that I have and the other when it arrives. Once again, it was a good atmosphere. web page

I have been patiently waiting for the AlexH report...

Chris, heads up on who the artist was? Can't wait to see it! cloud9.gif

I'm working on it. I'm still waiting for the film to be developed for some "interesting" pictures. Including Power woman putting me in a headlock. cloud9.gif

I don't know, you were posting all those spideys you don't have anymore.

I don't know, you were posting all those spideys you don't have anymore.

Both of you behave. Try not to derail this thread. Jim put a lot of effort into it. Peace brothers. flowerred.gif

First off, thanks to everybody for their kind words, I'll shoot for double the size of this one for Chicago.

Dementia: I spent a little over $4,000 at the show...if I had made this purchase 3 years ago with our sucky $$$, it would have cost me $6400 dollars, this year it cost me $4000...I love our dollar at par smile.gif

Christopher: You're welcome

Kenny: I'll see you in Chicago

Jon: For one day we have put aside our UNC/Duke differences for the greater good of comic book collecting.

Jim