• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wondering about a price

32 posts in this topic

Incidentally, this is why GPA (which I love) only tells a part of the story. Comiclink sold a GL 76 CGC 9.0 for $1k, and a board member just bought one at the Motor City Con -- also for $1k.

Plus, here's another listed for $1300 with a bid (apparently not accepted) of one going for $1k:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?...B&id=703123

doesn't even have white pages.

Incidentally, this is why GPA (which I love) only tells a part of the story. Comiclink sold a GL 76 CGC 9.0 for $1k, and a board member just bought one at the Motor City Con -- also for $1k.

Plus, here's another listed for $1300 with a bid (apparently not accepted) of one going for $1k:

These prices for this book absolutely kills me. I bought a Fight Comics #19 CGC 9.0 Edgar Church ped, 1st appearance of Seniorita Rio for $1,300 highest graded....and it prices the same as this 1970's ish book.......

These prices for this book absolutely kills me. I bought a Fight Comics #19 CGC 9.0 Edgar Church ped, 1st appearance of Seniorita Rio for $1,300 highest graded....and it prices the same as this 1970's ish book.......

Guess there are more people looking for this book... I mean, look at Hulk 181 -- or Marvel Spotlight 5 or any key bronze book. Some people love BA more than GA... heck, I'm one of them.

Yup. And while it's long been a noteworthy book, it could be had for chump change for many, many years - in fact, until only very recently.

8milemax, weren't you the board member that bought this for $1000 at the motor city show? (I was at the show and I saw someone walking around with it, I think it was you). May as well try to break even. Shoot, go for $1050 so you cover any selling/paypal fees! I wouldn't have paid even $850 for it, but I would bet that someone will take it from you. Good luck!

-William

maybe it's me but i've been collecting for 30 years and have never heard of seniorita rio. green lantern and neal adams- i've heard of them.

8milemax, weren't you the board member that bought this for $1000 at the motor city show? (I was at the show and I saw someone walking around with it, I think it was you). May as well try to break even. Shoot, go for $1050 so you cover any selling/paypal fees! I wouldn't have paid even $850 for it, but I would bet that someone will take it from you. Good luck!

-William

You're right! Max did just buy it.

What's the deal? Buyers remorse? I wouldn't sell the book if you just bought it.

Ted (Superworld) has a raw NM- listed on his site at $1400 for reference.

there is one on clink right now at $1800 BIN?

gator

My guess is that the one with the $1800 BIN is the one discussed in this thread.

yes, there's probably another GL #76 CGC 9.0 White around but that bedspread- that's unique to milemax.

Maybe it would be better to start the price lower near your asking price. All I know is when I saw that book I thought you got confused, the prices quoted werent 800+1000, but 800-1000. From my personal standpoint if I see a book that is priced out of the stratosphere like yours at 1800 I dont even bother bidding because in general people will not come down almost 40% on their asking price. If I had any interest in the book before I would have lost it pretty fast. Maybe Bob will chime in about fair prices from collectors now.