• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The one that got away....that always gets away

31 posts in this topic

CGC's criteria for the qualified grade has changed over the years. The defects(tanning to interior covers and a tiny chip out of the back cover) no longer result in a green label, so I resubbed the book.

Well congrats on that!

That has to be the best 8.0 I have ever seen!

CGC's criteria for the qualified grade has changed over the years. The defects(tanning to interior covers and a tiny chip out of the back cover) no longer result in a green label, so I resubbed the book.

Well congrats on that!

That's because you're only 21......how many could have you seen? poke2.gif

......seriously, it is a great looking 8.0, even if you're 61 wink.gif

Steve

Well congrats on that!

......seriously,it is a great looking 8.0, even if you're 61 wink.gif

Steve

tonofbricks.gif...... sorry.gif

I do my homework,

Couldn't have done too much homework if you missed the fact that it was the only Church copy not pictured in Gerber. poke2.gif

Win and I talked it over and had a snipe at around $1700. I really thought we would get it, but we weren't even close. 893whatthe.gif

At $2500 it's likely that it went to a collector, as there isn't a whole lot of profit potential at that number.

Well congrats on that!

......seriously, it is a great looking 8.0, even if you're 61 wink.gif

Steve

You don't look 61 at all in your pictures. In fact you hardly look a day over 59. wink.gif

At $2500 it's likely that it went to a collector, as there isn't a whole lot of profit potential at that number.

The high bidder only had something like "5" feedback, so who knows?...maybe this book will be relisted if the buyer does not pay, and we can all try to snipe it again...which would be interesting now that all of our high bids have been disclosed, and the "secret screwy.gif" Church code is now out in the open tongue.gif

the "secret screwy.gif" Church code

Yes, super secret. Paypal me $50 and I will make you a member and reveal ALL of the codes, not just the Thrillings.

$50 sounds fair for this information, but the trickle down effect of the Heritage Oldbuck sale really drained my PayPal account....would you accept a post-dated check?

the "secret screwy.gif" Church code

Yes, super secret. Paypal me $50 and I will make you a member and reveal ALL of the codes, not just the Thrillings.

$50 sounds fair for this information, but the trickle down effect of the Heritage Oldbuck sale really drained my PayPal account....would you accept a post-dated check?

Sounds good. thumbsup2.gif

In the description, they say the comic has been in their collection since the 60s, which, if true, means it couldn't be a Church copy. Something doesn't add up... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is interesting. Those codes sure look like Church codes. Has anyone seen books with similar distributor markings that are not the Church copy? Maybe from the same distributor in Colorado? I haven't seen any, but it is plausible. Maybe West can chime in on that one.

And if it is indeed the Edgar Church copy, the winning bidder got it for a pretty reasonable price... raw, not quite near mint and all.