• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird EBay Scenario

13 posts in this topic

So I tapped a "buy it now" on an EBay auction. I paid for it. Hooray.

Now we have an e-mail from EBay (that came to the EBay inbox and everything so it's legit) saying the auction has been pulled by EBay. The auction is no longer visible on EBay (they pulled it obviously) but I feel screwed because I already freaking paid.

Has anyone had this happen? What do you do?

Thanks,

-Rob-

Hahahaha This almost warrants it's own thread. Scary. I certainly won't be using EBay any further after tonight.

READ TO THE END OF THIS CONVERSATION. YOU WON'T BE SORRY. PROMISE.

Will C. has joined this session!

10:09:44 PM System

Connected with Will C.

10:09:52 PM Will C.

Hello, thank you for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Chat! My name is Will. If you're a registered member, may I please start by having you confirm your User ID and first name?

10:10:01 PM OUREBAYNAME

OUREBAYNAME

10:10:21 PM OUREBAYNAME

sorry and (Rob)

10:10:39 PM Will C.

Great, thanks Liza! How may I help you today?

10:11:19 PM OUREBAYNAME

Well, I did a "Buy It Now" on an auction and payed immediately THE URL WAS HERE But this auction has been removed by EBay now! What happens when this occurs?

10:11:57 PM OUREBAYNAME

I don't even know why it was removed and now I don't know if I've paid for fraudulent items, if I'll ever see the item, etc. I would've thought the auction would get pulled BEFORE someone bought it

10:12:49 PM Will C.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Liza. One moment please while I look into this.

10:13:39 PM Will C.

Do you have the seller's User Id?

10:14:03 PM OUREBAYNAME

SELLERSNAME

10:14:19 PM Will C.

Ok, one moment please.

10:15:39 PM Will C.

The item must have been removed for listing violations.

10:16:06 PM Will C.

Have you contacted the seller about this?

10:16:06 PM OUREBAYNAME

Well, I paid for it before your notice ever came through. Now what?

10:16:31 PM OUREBAYNAME

Well sure but now the transaction isn't protected is it?

10:16:34 PM Will C.

May I also ask what payment method did you use?

10:16:38 PM OUREBAYNAME

PayPal

10:17:19 PM Will C.

OK, one moment please. Use my available resources to best help you with this.

10:20:04 PM Will C.

Have you contacted the seller about this?

10:21:06 PM OUREBAYNAME

Yes of course. But my question is if the item is never received and/or it's "evil" in some way (something must be wrong with it-- you guys ended the auction) then what happens? Is the sale still protected by anyone? Would there be a way to get a refund if the person was unwilling?

10:21:34 PM System

Connected with Will C.

10:22:09 PM Will C.

I see that the auction was ended due to copyright violation.

10:23:12 PM OUREBAYNAME

So that means he stole text or pictures? And then why didn't you pull the identical auctions? Only the one I bid on was ended

10:24:59 PM Will C.

In this case Liza, I would suggest you to report this to our Trust and Safety Team. Would you like a link to that department?

10:25:48 PM OUREBAYNAME

What am I reporting? The other auction? I don't know anything is wrong with the other auction. I still don't really know what was wrong with the one I bid on. I'm just wondering why it would be only 1 was pulled.

10:28:24 PM Will C.

You should report about the item you have paid for. The auction that you have bid on was ended because of listing violation.

10:29:22 PM OUREBAYNAME

So then what am I reporting? Reporting I paid for it?

10:29:49 PM Will C.

Yes, let me give you the link.

10:33:09 PM Will C.

Oh so you have done this? For Item not received or item not as described (you paid)

10:35:22 PM OUREBAYNAME

Clearly not. We coudn't possibly have received it yet and I have no clue if the item is as described as I don't have it. You have me fairly scared to receive it, to be honest. You know what? It's fine. We're going in circles here. We obviously have to either receive or not receive the item before you or anyone else can do anything.

10:37:50 PM Will C.

Sorry about that. I see here that the fees were credited.

10:38:08 PM OUREBAYNAME

The seller's fees? What fees were credited?

10:39:45 PM Will C.

Your fee. You can also contact PayPal to check if your fee was credited back to you.

10:41:12 PM OUREBAYNAME

Well, nothing via PayPal has been credited. And I'm the buyer so no EBay fees were paid by me. So there's nothing you could have credited, to my knowledge

10:43:10 PM Will C.

It that case, you need to email our Trust and safety team indicating that you have paid but you did not receive the item.

10:43:51 PM OUREBAYNAME

Well certainly I'll do that when time has lapsed but as I've stated before this did happen today. So there's no way-- nevermind. Thanks very much.

10:44:50 PM Will C.

Here is the link to that page: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll

Session then Ended

I'm just... dumbfounded.

**EDIT** The account is in my wife Liza's name. I'm not a fangirl posting as a fat guy.

Hmmm I did a bad copy/paste job.

10:29:49 PM Will C.

Yes, let me give you the link.

I told him here that I had e-mailed Trust & Security back and they said to keep or not keep the item. But the problem is I don't have an item to keep or not keep yet.

10:33:09 PM Will C.

Oh so you have done this? For Item not received or item not as described (you paid)

Although I'm not sure that makes this fiasco any dumber. I still can't believe all that happened as I wake up this morning.

Typical first level customer service reading from a -script book. Once they hit an unaccounted for situation they go into brain lock. BTW, "Will C." was probably Sachinkumar HS Patel from India... the heart of *spoon*-poor call centers.

Regarding the item... I know people who get items yanked all the time for copyright violations. In their cases they are selling DVDs, videos or books (that they legally own) but the copyright owner has a bug up their arse and doesn't want anything resold. The are not doing anything wrong but eBay doesn't really care when the copyright holder faxes them some paperwork saying pull this auction.

You're probably going to be ok... unless you bought some art, in which case it is probably a fake.