• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone see this beaut?

23 posts in this topic

Well this was quite a suprise to find on Ebay! Most folks I talked to

didn't see it, which I guess is fortunate because now it's all mine.

Couldn't wait for a better image to post! The 2nd crossover between

Marvel and DC and just an awesome twice up image by Garcia Lopez.

Thanks to Glen Brunswick for the assist...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=275888&GSub=42569

I never really read or cared for the DC/Marvel crossovers. But seeing this amazing art has excited me. I think I will head down to my local Comic Shop and see if I can pick one up. Thank You CSM Boards.

What a sweet cover! I didn't see it on Ebay, but probably to rich for me.

I did see it. Although not my cup of tea, I can certainly appreciate its beauty. Congrats on a wonderful piece. thumbsup2.gif

I'll wait for this......

Link

Steven

I'm right there with you, I can't wait for that one to come up on the block...

Predictions?

popcorn.gif

Joseph

I actually held that cover in my hands at the 1984 San Diego Comic-Con. J.L. Garcia-Lopez was there and wanted $100 for it. I would have bought it but it had way too much white out on it. I instead picked up the cover to Batman #353 for $50. No I don't still have it. It's one of the many covers/splash pages I used to have that I sold way too soon. frown.gif

Wow! Very cool! If it's not too painful, what other steller examples did you have?

I actually held that cover in my hands at the 1984 San Diego Comic-Con. J.L. Garcia-Lopez was there and wanted $100 for it. I would have bought it but it had way too much white out on it. I instead picked up the cover to Batman #353 for $50. No I don't still have it. It's one of the many covers/splash pages I used to have that I sold way too soon. frown.gif

Wow! Very cool! If it's not too painful, what other steller examples did you have?

I believe I've listed a few in the past, but it's been awhile, so here goes.

Some of the better pieces included covers-

Capt. America 254 (John Byrne)

Adventure 376 (Neal Adams-bought for $60 in 1981)

Green Lantern 104 (Mike Grell)

X-men 152 (Bob McLeod- Storm fighting White Queen)

Ka-Zar 2 (Brent Anderson)

Hercules mini-series vol.1 #2 (Bob Layton)

Splashes:

Wolverine mini-series 2 (Frank Miller)

Death of Capt. Marvel (Jim Starlin- dream sequence where he's fighting all his old foes)

Moon Knight (the splash from the very 1st Moon Knight story drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz from the back of The Hulk magazine)

Warlord not sure issue # (Mike Grell- The splash where he's tied up to a large x-shaped cross with a beautiful amazon queen in the foreground)

plus I had a few miscellaneous pages including a George Perez New Teen Titans interior (around number 6)

a page from X-men 137 John Byrne

a Keith Giffen Legion page

a nice half-splash Grendel page by the Pander bros.

a couple of very nice Rom splashes by Sal Buscema

plus numerous con sketches by Byrne, Miller, Perez, Art Adams, Bob Layton, Brent Anderson, Marshall Rogers, Howard Chaykin, Mike Kaluta, Bill Sienkiewicz and others.

Keep in mind, this was when covers by current top artists only went for $100-$200 each. Most of these covers didn't appreciate in value very much at all until the advent of Ebay. As Ebay became bigger and more popular, original art prices sky rocketed. Unfortunately I sold most of my art before ebay came around. I initially sold most of it so I would have money to buy back issue comics. The rest I sold because I had a couple thousand dollars worth of art in a portfolio sitting in my closet. I would look at them every once in awhile, but at the time I figured i could use the money.

Do you ever wish you could press a reset button and do some things differently?

What a sweet cover! I didn't see it on Ebay, but probably to rich for me.

Is it poor etiquette to post the final price on the boards?

I did see it. Although not my cup of tea, I can certainly appreciate its beauty. Congrats on a wonderful piece. thumbsup2.gif

I'll wait for this......

Link

Steven

I'm right there with you, I can't wait for that one to come up on the block...

Predictions?

popcorn.gif

Joseph

I Know all the big shots who already own pages from this story will be getting together on the private island where they hold their annual meetings to watch the auction results roll in while sacrificing a lamb to the lower power that got them there, and inhaling the smoked essence of a 1,000 virgins to preserve their youth.

But that's just a guess on my part.......or is it.

Chris

I Know all the big shots who already own pages from this story will be getting together on the private island where they hold their annual meetings to watch the auction results roll in while sacrificing a lamb to the lower power that got them there, and inhaling the smoked essence of a 1,000 virgins to preserve their youth.

But that's just a guess on my part.......or is it.

Chris

Chris

Do you have any idea how un-cheeky wrinkled jowls would be??

But yeah, someone said it was time we used affirmative action to let a new worlder into the circle. Don't forget your smoking jacket.

And the private island is now known as Great Britain ;o)

J

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=9492