• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil 8

33 posts in this topic

I'd guess CGC = 8.0 or 8.5

Some minor stress lines on front; cover is off center; looks like a tiny dent/chip on the bottom front edge about 1/2" from the bottom/left corner; very slightly blunted corners; and is that a slight bend in the top/left corner of the back cover?

Hmm well, it might be laptop monitor improving the pic again (as happens to me frequently on this computer)

I'm going to say CGC 9.2 and PGX 9.2 (I know nothing about PGX grading standard so am just trying to hit one of them, honestly)

So, I call it a 9.0!

But, I bought it as a CGC book off ebay as a 9.2,

sent it to PGX myself got a 8.0

so....

PGX 8.0

CGC 9.2

Concensus grade around 9.0

Just curious Paul, did you send these to PGX to see the grading results?, or did you want a PGX holder?

Before I saw your results I thought CGC 9.0, PGX 8.5 But I now see there was once again quite a drop in their grade compared to CGC for flaws I though CGC normally hammers a book for..

Ze-

A 9.2 from CGC? Wow! Nice one.

I've been hesitant to submit what I thought were upper-mid grade books to CGC, but I may reconsider!

Question for Mr. S: if it was slabbed by CGC, did you then remove it in order to submit it to PGX? And did they then re-slab it, but at the lower grade?

Sorry for the newbie-ish question...

Zee,

To be honest, I just did it to have my holders all look the same. Also I had hoped for a better grade, but believed it most likely be the same. I sent the book to PGX in the slab, so I never saw it raw untill I removed it from the PGX holder. I actually complained about the grade, I believe the grade upon inspection was a 9.0, and I still do. But an 8.0? I was a little dumbfounded by this, and very disapointed. I spent a pretty dime on it being it was a CGC 9.2 and in 2004 which had less high grade in the census. Win some loose some.

Paul

OK , sorry saw what I was looking for in the response above....I believe you got what you deserved by sending it in the CGC holder...the *spoon* at PGX deliberately downgraded it...you can say what you want, BUT if sent in Raw probably would have been a 9.8 from them (Ooops 9.6, the 9.8's are reserved for Lederer)

You Sir, are a spoon! Your ill content and spite does nothing for the hobby, or for CGC. You must have had a bad day, this was just for fun, to challange my integrity with out knowing me, is the same disfunction shown by other haters in history. It might behoove you to show some tact before attacking and spouting off you uneducated opinion. To say that anyone deserves something negative is clearly bitter and uncalled for.

Paul

You Sir, are a spoon! Your ill content and spite does nothing for the hobby, or for CGC. You must have had a bad day, this was just for fun, to challange my integrity with out knowing me, is the same disfunction shown by other haters in history. It might behoove you to show some tact before attacking and spouting off you uneducated opinion. To say that anyone deserves something negative is clearly bitter and uncalled for.

Paul

Paul, I read that dude's comments.. I think he was being nice in a crude sort of way saying that the book certainly looks 9.2 to him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Paul, did you get the grading notes on this book as well? 8.0 is pretty stiff. Would love to hear why it was graded like it was.

And honestly Fourthworld, It is easy to throw stones and cast aspersions from the cheap seats ,lets try and keep the mud slinging in the other forums. Paul took a bath, he knows this.

Show some couth.

Ze-

Paul

Paul, I read that dude's comments.. I think he was being nice in a crude sort of way saying that the book certainly looks 9.2 to him. confused-smiley-013.gif

I would have left it alone, except he said "I got what I deserved" No one deserves to pay 400.00 for a 150.00 book. So I took it as an insult, I could care less about the PGX vs. CGC thing. I happen to like both, but I am not married to either, and as I said, I live in the same town as PGX and their service( to my door is why they have my business) If I understood wrong, then I appologize now, if not I stand behind my statement. This post was not a CGC VS. PGX, but for fun to see what each graded as opposed to you and I. Thats it, no agenda!

Paul