• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my interior Stained book

9 posts in this topic

hello all...

just curious of the boards thoughts...if you have an otherwise VF-/VF copy, and you have this (goes through every page, gets "lighter" in nature front to back, but visible):

marvel1stain.jpg

what do you grade it?

thanks

gator

This Comic was graded a 4.5 even though the outer cover was graded 5.0. CGC said it had staining on the inside, which made the max grade 4.5.

Even if one of the covers had been 9.4, they would have given it a 4.5 overall grade.

Hope that helps.

kind of like that action 1 that was on heritage a few months ago...looked fn/vf or better, but had interior page issues, so they graded it a 5.0...

shame

gator

hello all...

after talking to cgc this morning, possibly a 5.0 to 5.5 would be the target...it is an other wise 7.0 to 7.5....assuming that is only defect, typically lowers about 2 full grades...

was just curious folks experience with this type of flaw

rick

Please grade my interior Stained book

Never let greggy read your comics! foreheadslap.gif

Since the stain doesn't damage the story I think the 'topping' of the grade would be in the 5s and not the 4s as stated above.

Couldn't be a 'full fine' 6.0 imo though....