• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys collect?

93 posts in this topic

Kirby- some GA (what I can afford; the cheaper stuff, in other words), SA, BA

Ditko- late GA/Atomic Age & SA

Eisner- Sprit sections, Quality & Fiction House issues

Pre-hero Marvels

SA DC & Marvel (other than Kirby stuff)

Some GA (again, what I can afford)

Not enough Pre-code Horror (love those covers)

Just started getting into the crime genre: True Crime, Crime Does Not Pay, etc.

And anything that may appeal to me for whatever reason confused-smiley-013.gif

Angelo

I had an excellent Mid Ohio con this year, though I did hear many dealers complaining.

Basically, it all comes down to the customers at every show. If the customers come to the convention and spend money, dealers will keep buying booths, the convention will keep selling booths and the show will go on. It really is a circle that benefits everyone. If it breaks down at some point, the show will go away.

I had an excellent Mid Ohio con this year, though I did hear many dealers complaining.

Basically, it all comes down to the customers at every show. If the customers come to the convention and spend money, dealers will keep buying booths, the convention will keep selling booths and the show will go on. It really is a circle that benefits everyone. If it breaks down at some point, the show will go away.

well, I'll be at Mid-Ohio again this year, and at WW Chicago in August, I'll stop by and say hi in Chicago. hi.gif any thoughts about coming to the forum dinner in Chicago ?

Hulks/Hulk appearances

Early SA Marvel

Late 60's/early 70's Neal Adams

LB Cole sci-fi and horror covers

Schomburg WWII and sci-fi covers

The first 30 years of Archie appearances (essentially done with this)

Timely heroes and teen humor (doing much better on the humor than the heroes 27_laughing.gif)

Oddball and esoteric GA

Whatever else catches my eye

I'm currently working on:

GA:

Any cool cover that I can afford

Pre-code:

Covers featuring:

Vampires

Mummies

Hooded figures

Werewolves

Evil Chinese Dudes

Post-code/Silver:

Pre-hero B and B's featuring the Silent Knight(Almost done with this)

Atlas Black Knight

Atlas Yellow Claw

Phantom Stranger

Sensation Mystery

Silver to now:

Teen Titans

Flash

Avengers

JLA

A lot of stuff, huh? Focusing mainly on the B and B's and pre-codes.

Since I am facing large expenditures in travel over the next few months, a while back I stopped buying expensive things I love (GA DC, GA Funny Animal) and have been buying cheaper Marvel & DC books from my "Nostalgic years" roughly 1978-1987ish. I have been picking up some SA ASMs when I fall into unbeatable deals. Its hard to stay focused, and impossible for me to stop all together...

I'm currently collecting Uncle Scrooge comics (including his appearances in WDC&S, which is where I started).

I have a small collection of GA Batman comics. But I have taken a break and sold a few while I decide what GA comics to focus on.

Low-mid grade presentable SA/BA/early CA DC & Marvel. Mostly superhero and sci-fi, but may branch out into war comics due to these forums.

Working (slowly) on a Brave & Bold run, 3 issues (60, 63, 114) away from 49-200. I've been into SA Actions lately, too, and need some early X-Men and FF.

I still collect some moderns and a few in TP or HC versions. I still collect Copper, Bronze and a few silverage books. I don't stick with one character I usually buy storylines that I like or that have been recommended to me. My main focus is on reading for enjoyment, I don't collect for investment. I usually buy midgrades and never buy slabbed books unless they are CGC signature series books.

My favorite titles are Conan, Usagi Yojimbo, Bone,Tomb of Dracula, Batman, Jonah Hex, WWT and Spiderman.