• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rank your top 5 coolest "looking" golden age superheroes...

49 posts in this topic

Batman

Black Terror

Spectre

Sandman

Rick

hey

unlike you, my brother, I was born in the Silver age! bwa hahahaha!

gator

I was too, mister math major...... poke2.gif

I told you, I defer all rocket science questions to you...I had trouble figuring out whether to put the peanut butter on the bottom slice of bread, or the top? (that one actually still gets me a little confused)

gator

I guess this should be in the "one of the things, I do NOT regret buying" threads...;)

moon.jpgcloud9.gif

893whatthe.gif Wow!!! Is that a complete story in original art you have there??? Very nice!!!

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

And Sandman has his charm also.

1940%20Sandman.jpg

It wasn't until I studied this picture that I realized the Sandman wore white socks with brown shoes. I would have given him top rating but given this fashion flub, he must be dropped from the list. insane.gif

1940%20Sandman.jpg

It wasn't until I studied this picture that I realized the Sandman wore white socks with brown shoes. I would have given him top rating but given this fashion flub, he must be dropped from the list. insane.gif

Considering this looks like a recent re-color job, I think you should ascribe the fashion / coloring flub to whoever reworked this drawing. Look back at the cover of Adventure 40 and he is wearing spats and a cape. Clearly one of those independently wealthy crime fighters with an eye for fashion (see Richard Wentworth). Surely he wouldn't commit this faux-pas!

1940%20Sandman.jpg

Considering this looks like a recent re-color job, I think you should ascribe the fashion / coloring flub to whoever reworked this drawing. Look back at the cover of Adventure 40 and he is wearing spats and a cape. Clearly one of those independently wealthy crime fighters with an eye for fashion (see Richard Wentworth). Surely he wouldn't commit this faux-pas!

Lets hope you are correct, otherwise a long successfule career of crime fighting could end up tarnished from this single event.

I guess this should be in the "one of the things, I do NOT regret buying" threads...;)

moon.jpgcloud9.gif

893whatthe.gif Wow!!! Is that a complete story in original art you have there??? Very nice!!!

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Yes, lol thank you, it is and .one of these days, I'm going to find a VERY long wall and a LOT of frames...;)

You guys are too funny about Sandman...it's the It's the Goldenage Fashion Police ...;) Who knew? Personally, it's the GAS MASK that kind of makes him less than "hot" as far as I'm concerned confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess Sheena isn't really super...? But she looks great on all the covers:)

Rockman (Wolverton)

Marvel Boy (Everett)

Spirit (Eisner)

Manhunter (Kirby)

Hawkman (by Moldoff)

Gotta give the artists some credit for the look.

By the way, Sharon, "spoony spoon spoon" -- nice original art. Moldoff?

It's a little weird that Johnny Craig emphasized The Prince's (I assume that's him) buffalo knuckle so strongly -- not to mention that Superman won't have to use his X-ray vision to figure out what color panties the gals in green wear!

Quite a set of covers!

Jack

lol..I had Blonde Phantom on my list before I saw the last post...

I really love Moongirl as well, shes' very ...sleek...

mmmmm Moongirl! cloud9.gif

mm0135.jpg

Rockman (Wolverton)

Marvel Boy (Everett)

Spirit (Eisner)

Manhunter (Kirby)

Hawkman (by Moldoff)

Gotta give the artists some credit for the look.

By the way, Sharon, "spoony spoon spoon" -- nice original art. Moldoff?

Hi Roger:) Yes, it's the first story of Moon Girl 3, that's why I posted it, because Bill had posted the book...and yes, its Moldoff:)

Ummm...I think I'm afraid to ask what "spoon" means? lol? Is that an automatic change for a "cuss" word? angel.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif