• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avenger #1

18 posts in this topic

This one isn't mine, but I'd still like to hear the group verdict on its grade. The front scan isn't the best, but it's all I have. It's complete, no chunks missing, and none of the pages are loose. I figure it's a 3.5 or 4...

AA1_F.jpg

AA1_B.jpg

This forum is for grading our books, not some dolt's on fee-bay . . . makepoint.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry - I don't want to be the cause of anyone pulling out their hair.

I DID say that it wasn't my book in my first post, but I suppose I should have identified who's book it actually was.

Won't happen again.

The other books I've posted in this forum are mine, all mine! wink.gif

Hey, better he asks our opinions now than to overpay for the book, receive it and then ask... confused-smiley-013.gif Doesn't matter to me.

In general it doesn't bother me either, but the problem here is I'd like to ask how extensive that wrinkling is...but we have no way of knowing since it's on Ebay...

So, being fairly new myself, is it a rule that you don't ask for advice on a pending purchase? Seems like I've seen people do that before...

Hey, better he asks our opinions now than to overpay for the book, receive it and then ask... confused-smiley-013.gif Doesn't matter to me.

In general it doesn't bother me either, but the problem here is I'd like to ask how extensive that wrinkling is...but we have no way of knowing since it's on Ebay...

So, being fairly new myself, is it a rule that you don't ask for advice on a pending purchase? Seems like I've seen people do that before...

Naw, you can ASK anything you want, does not bother most people, but some guys...well you know...too much coffee (?)

I figure if you don't want to grade it...don't respond to the post...simple, eh?

I wondered if, being a newbie, I had missed some outline of the rules for this forum, but there's nothing in the description that says it must be your own book: A forum dedicated solely to asking forumites to guesstimate the grade of book from a scan.

But it's fair to ask people to identify the source of the scan/book when you post it.

I wondered if, being a newbie, I had missed some outline of the rules for this forum, but there's nothing in the description that says it must be your own book: A forum dedicated solely to asking forumites to guesstimate the grade of book from a scan.

But it's fair to ask people to identify the source of the scan/book when you post it.

freak the rules . . . we're all anarchists here. sumo.gif Note to the new guys: there is a certain amount of decorum to be observed.

There are also reasons this forum even exists in the first place cool.gifwink.gif

Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This grading forum was seperated from the restro forum due to it being overwhelmed by pressing threads.