• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Brown - Avengers #118 Splash

20 posts in this topic

Im not too sure about this particular artists work but i keep seeing the splash page on an Auction Website and it looks fantastic but there is no price yet as the Original Art page has not been updated yet. Does anybody have any idea what this page is worth? Thanks JustinCase

Yeah, alot of people can't get on, so obviously the site is down.

I think there are too many freeloaders on that site, everyone should sign on for a premium membership, its well worth it!

Malvin

Yeah, alot of people can't get on, so obviously the site is down.

I think there are too many freeloaders on that site, everyone should sign on for a premium membership, its well worth it!

Malvin

HEY!!! I resemble that remark. sumo.gif

Hi Jay; I would pay quite a bit more than 2k for that particular splash on ebay..... then again, I might be the only one, so maybe on ebay I could score it for 2k. But look for it to be priced in the 7500 range when offered. NOt saying it is worth that just what I'm thinking the price will be. Dan

You might be right Dan. I am constantly in Shock and Awe over the rising prices of the last few years. Maybe a little in denial also, at what the next guy is going to charge and what the next page is going to go for. The last 2 Avengers Perez pages on Ebay are a perfect example, although as everyone has said a million times, it only takes 2-3 people who REALLY want a page to set a new high which then seems cause a new plateau upon which the next set of pages can begin to climb from.

Well, I myself paid $5000 for that particular Avengers # 118 splash in San Diego last year when I bought it from a dealer...and sold it to Profiles in History last year for more than that, so....

Keep in mind as well, that that particular splash is the best splash of the Avengers/Defenders War series, and a better image than most of the covers, and the last cover sold for over $30K, so Profiles asking $7500 (I believe that is what he's asking) isn't all that bad now is it (also considering certain other 1970s Avengers splashes have sold in the same range and higher (privately), and I do NOT mean the Perez ones...

JONATHAN (insider info) MANKUTA

Well, I myself paid $5000 for that particular Avengers # 118 splash in San Diego last year when I bought it from a dealer...and sold it to Profiles in History last year for more than that, so....

Keep in mind as well, that that particular splash is the best splash of the Avengers/Defenders War series, and a better image than most of the covers, and the last cover sold for over $30K, so Profiles asking $7500 (I believe that is what he's asking) isn't all that bad now is it (also considering certain other 1970s Avengers splashes have sold in the same range and higher (privately), and I do NOT mean the Perez ones...

Hey, who let YOU on these boards? wink.gif

For all you Avengers and Perez fans, get your questions answered here! Jon "The Man" Kuta is perhaps the leading fan-boy for Perez and Avengers art.

Welcome, a-board, Jon.

Actually bro, I pop in once in a blue moon every so often...usually hang out on the Comicart-L though, and i'm ALWAYS in San Diego at Comic-Con...(although this year I find myself in a last-minute battle to get a place to stay).

I can ALWAYS be reached through email though at JONMANKUTA@aol.com

for those that give a *spoon*... smile.gif

JONATHAN (rape, pillage, and plunder...and that's just the comic art...) MANKUTA

Hi Jon --

Love the username...seems fitting...

I too like that Brown splash, and $5k to $7k in today's market seems about right if you're an Avengers/Defenders fan and like your splash pages full of major heroes...

For me, the only drawback to that page is the representation of certain characters; I just can't see Dr. Strange getting that fired up to yell "To the Death!"...is it just me? grin.gif

Dan

Not sure if it's in character of Dr Strange at the moment, but at the time it was...lol... smile.gif

It's really a splash that "represents" the story well...the only thing I think was really better was the cover to # 118... (or course ALL the covers were great...).

JONATHAN (WYLDCHYLD is my ebay name too...) MANKUTA

Actually bro, I pop in once in a blue moon every so often...usually hang out on the Comicart-L though, and i'm ALWAYS in San Diego at Comic-Con...(although this year I find myself in a last-minute battle to get a place to stay).

I can ALWAYS be reached through email though at JONMANKUTA@aol.com

for those that give a *spoon*... smile.gif

JONATHAN (rape, pillage, and plunder...and that's just the comic art...) MANKUTA

Have fun at the show. I won't be able to make it this time. Of course, if you see anything I would really want, don't hesitate to call me!

Regading a place to stay, you can always pitch a tent out front tongue.gif

Wasn't trying to say it's not worth $7500, was trying to be non-commital valuewise. (pegged it right on the money price-wise though). Could be worth less, could be worth more... we shall see I guess. juggle.gif