• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from Big Apple Con with a few sketches...

10 posts in this topic

Dashed into the Big Apple con for a few hours today just to see a few artists I wanted to nab sketches from. This is the second ever time I've gotten sketches from a con, and the first time I ever went to one with the express purpose of sketch hunting.

So first up is Daredevil from Alex Maleev:

Maleev's first sketch of the day...

I found Alex to be one hell of a nice guy -- easy going etc. His work was deliberate and very skilled. Quite impressive to watch!! Thanks also go out to Anthony Snyder for helping me secure this beauty.

Next up is Captain America from Mitch Breitweiser:

Remember this guy's name...

Mitch is an incredible young talent AND a great guy. I'm looking forward to watching his career take off. He was working on some killer watercolor commissions, but I stuck to my guns, and my series of buckslip sketches, despite the temptation to go bigger.

Finally, a Stegosaurus by Walt Simonson:

How many dino's do you see?

Kind of a funny story behind this. I was going to have him sketch Thor or whatever, but he just got done telling a fellow two people ahead of me how he designed his signature to be dinosaur-like because of his interest in dinos. I also remembered that about 14 years or so ago when I was a teen, he signed a copy of Jurassic Park for me. So I asked him to sketch whatever dino he wanted and this is what he picked!! I thought it turned out pretty cool...

Anyhow, thanks for taking a look. Was great spending time with these three artists and meeting a couple other fine folks.

J

Here's the latest, arranged by email. was a consumate professional, and the whole process went very smoothly. He probably put in more work on this tiny strip of paper than anyone has dared thus far and it shows!! When I show artists a sample of what I'm looking for in this series, I'll have to include this one on the list:

Green Arrow by Giordano

Here are the latest. So far this is the most tempted I've been to get a full on commission, after I saw what Mike could do, but I stuck to my sketch series. (still tempted) Mike's prices were good and his work is superb. I couldn't possibly give him a better recommendation.

Captain America by Mike Perkins

Winter Soldier by Mike Perkins