• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #121

16 posts in this topic

Newby to this forum. I just got this in the mail today from Harley Yee Rare Comics. Real nice guy. He told me it was a F+, but what if I paid Matt Nelson at Classics Inc to press it? Then what would be the grade? Back side of comic is better looking than the front. I do not want to take it out the Mylar because its expensive. Thanks

ebay2010gc0.jpg

Rating? F+ too?

I'd probably drop the + out of the equation and call it a straight Fine. Lots of spine stress. Color breaking creases on bottom and side edge. Also at least 2 color breaking thumb crescent type creases on the cover and red rub off in the top left.

Welcome to the boards, Carolina!

Fine+ does seem a touch optimistic. It presents very nicely with terrific colors & gloss, but with the

amount of spine wear and edge wear visible I'd probably call it 5.5 tops, maybe even 5.0. Is it just me?

That said... Don't press it, don't tape it, just enjoy it. Beautiful book.

Fine+ does seem a touch optimistic. It presents very nicely with terrific colors & gloss, but with the

amount of spine wear and edge wear visible I'd probably call it 5.5 tops, maybe even 5.0. Is it just me?

Not just you. I think there is a bit too much wear for a straight 6.0....but we won't know for sure unless the front and back cover are scanned out of the bag. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not just you. I think there is a bit too much wear for a straight 6.0....but we won't know for sure unless the front and back cover are scanned out of the bag. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ditto. Based on what I see for wear, color breaks, etc, I'd place it around a 5.0 (which doesn't mean this isn't a great looking issue!).

I was only joking (893whatthe.gif), but Dan&Son if was you book what would you do about the slight "spine split"? popcorn.gif

If you're leaving it in the mylar then why do anything with the spine split. confused-smiley-013.gif

I know this might sound crazy, but with the advances in comic restoration could a professional restorer take a book like this and turn it into a Near Mint copy? I am talking the 9.4 to 9.6 range. This book will forever be mine and I never plan on selling it, so a decline in value because of restoration is something that I really could care less about. I just want the highest certified copy on the census(either restored or unrestored). Period. 9.2 is best copy CGC has seen, and it was restored. I have already sent the book to Classic Incorporated and it should be there by the end of the week. Thanks for your input! popcorn.gifmakepoint.gifpopcorn.gif