• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman delays?

33 posts in this topic

I read 667 last night and so far it's my favorite of the Grant Morrison stories. However, Batman in general is floundering. The main title seems to lack an anchor and is drifting all over the place. There's nothing concrete to it. All-Star Batman is probably one of the worst comic books ever produced. Batman Confidential is a savage waste of trees.

Batman/Superman is still good and Detective with Dini is great, but three of the five titles are pretty lousy these days.

My opinion? DC ought to drop Batman Confidential and All-Star and focus on the three core titles, those being Batman, Detective and "World's Finest."

Detective w/ Dini is freaking awesome. One of the first things I read each month.

That's pretty much the only Batman book doing it for me right now. A shame, too, because I used to read a ton of Batman. That whole son-of-Batman story in which the little punk beat up Robin and Alfred and decapitated The Spook, yet Batman kept giving him a pass due to alleged lineage totally put me off.

I actually enjoy the Batman Confidential book. I'm enjoying the new "villian".

Detective is probably the best and most consistent.

The recent Batman story by Morrison is definitely the best he's done in their recent arc. Not saying too much, but it is a good story so far.

No one cares for All-Star.

Pat

Detective w/ Dini is freaking awesome. One of the first things I read each month.

That's pretty much the only Batman book doing it for me right now. A shame, too, because I used to read a ton of Batman. That whole son-of-Batman story in which the little punk beat up Robin and Alfred and decapitated The Spook, yet Batman kept giving him a pass due to alleged lineage totally put me off.

Hopefully, the Bat-brat will be forgotten with time or ret-conned out of existence by a future writer or editor.

I'd love to see the Spook return. His bronze age stories are some of my favorites.

Dini & Kramer's Tec's are superb, it's just a shame that they can't get a long run going without fill-in writers and artists every couple of issues.

The 2 parter with the Joker and Zantanna was excellent (worship)

I completely agree. The reason why I read comics is my continual hope that I will find a story like that. The reaction I had at the surprise ending of the 1st issue....Phenomenal. I felt like I was 14 again.

Also agreed: And I like both Dini's and Morrison's takes on the Batman currently. DC has had some huge stumbles following the One Year Later stunt, but I think the Bat-books are much improved over the pre- Infinite Crisis status quo.

But I'm hoping Morrison has a suitably-horrific fate in store for the Bat-brat once he gets back to that storyline. :wishluck:

I actually enjoy the Batman Confidential book. I'm enjoying the new "villian".

The problem I have with the latest Batman Confidential book is that the new "villain" already has a great origin and it doesn't need to be retold. With Detective 168 and Killing Joke, DC should leave that story alone. More so since Alan Moore hit the ball out of the park with Killing Joke. The pre-Joker Joker in Killing Joke is thousands of times better than the dilettante pre-Joker in the BC story. He's just an excuse for violence and death. Moore's character had legitimate tragedy to back up the Joker's excess.

IMNSO, of course.

I completely agree. The reason why I read comics is my continual hope that I will find a story like that. The reaction I had at the surprise ending of the 1st issue....Phenomenal. I felt like I was 14 again.

What issue numbers was this storyline, guys? I haven't read a Tec in years, but sounds like I may want to track it down.