• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade (Tales of Suspense 63)

34 posts in this topic

Aces and Fedoraman are the big winners! It scored a 9.0, although the PQ was lower than I personally thought it was, but oh well. Not too bad for a $30 buy. It also is the 1st Silver Aga origin of Caps. makepoint.gif

acclaim.gif

CGC rewards books with nice spines. I would grade no better than 8.5.

Hey everyone. I just got my TOS 63 back from CGC. I thought it would get an 8.0 with off-white pages. Here's the pre-graded scans (sorry, no interior shots as I forgot about that before sending it off) Anyone want to guess what it ended up getting? Anyone think I was dead on or way off?

talesofsuspense63fcdx5.jpg

talesofsuspense63bclb8.jpg

without reading the thread, I'd say 9.0 before the marvel chips....so maybe 8.5....

CGC rewards books with nice spines. I would grade no better than 8.5.

I agree, i also noticed that.

And 8.5 is my opinion too.

Sure...

Try to rob me of my glory! sumo.gif

Hey everyone. I just got my TOS 63 back from CGC. I thought it would get an 8.0 with off-white pages. Here's the pre-graded scans (sorry, no interior shots as I forgot about that before sending it off) Anyone want to guess what it ended up getting? Anyone think I was dead on or way off?

talesofsuspense63fcdx5.jpg

talesofsuspense63bclb8.jpg

without reading the thread, I'd say 9.0 before the marvel chips....so maybe 8.5....

For me it's the light foxing on the lower half of the back page that makes it an automatic 8.5. But otherwise the book is a very good specimen, and CGC is right to reward nice spines... but oh that foxing... makepoint.gif