• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1-100: So far, so good!

21 posts in this topic

Here's where I'm at so far on my goal towards collecting ASM 1-100. Some of you may recognize some of these issues since I have received support on this endeavor from a couple board members in putting this together. While I know many of you have already completed this collection, I'm still relatively proud of the work I've put into getting this far in only about 8-9 months.

ASMCollection.jpg

ASM: 27, 28, 30 (en route), 31 thru 34, 36 thru 50, 59, 61, 65, 66, 70 thru 81, 87, 96. With any luck, I'll be picking up copies of ASM 29 and 35 this evening.

What grades are you looking for?

I'm going through my ASM boxes now for another forumite and can pull out all my other extras for you.

My undercopies would be mostly GVG - VGF with the occansonal FVF.

I'm a dirty low-grade collector smile.gif I'd say my collection averages around a 2.5 with some being a little higher, and others being a little lower. The only real stipulation that I aim for is that the book is 100% intact- i.e. no coupon cuts (little missing pieces are okay, so long as the storyline isn't affected, etc), cover is (mostly) attached, etc. A little water damage, spine stress, etc, doesn't really bother me. But yeah, let me know!

I probably should have included my ASM Annual #2 in 1.8/2.0, but oh well! smile.gif

Haha, almost my collecting habbit with ASM, only diffrnece is I have allowed for some to have missing pages as long as it didn't effect story. laugh.gif

Course I am getting a little but more picky, but not to much laugh.gif

Grats on the ASM run 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats,

While we have not dealt personally with each other I do recognize several of those books that have recently left my own 1-100 ASM collection. I gave up on mine when I got within 11 issues left and decided to sell and re-invest that money in completing my Hulk collection. I still have some left, I will let you know.

Artboy99

Yeah... I'm probably going to have to hold off for sometime until securing copies of 1-19 as they're just a little pricey for right now. I think I'll probably get 20-100 finished, take a breather and work on a few of my other titles, and then finish the job off.

Yeah... I'm probably going to have to hold off for sometime until securing copies of 1-19 as they're just a little pricey for right now. I think I'll probably get 20-100 finished, take a breather and work on a few of my other titles, and then finish the job off.

Breathers are the time in between paychecks my friend. makepoint.gif

Nice job so far assembling what you have thus far. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good job you two! I just finished a complete run a couple of weeks ago. I'm holding off on the pics until I get my ASM #1 and AF15 from CGC but I'm pretty jazzed about showing it. Those are great photos, guys! Again, congrats on the hard work... believe me, I know it's hard!

Congrats!

I have 21 issues left myself (including AF 15)

I would of finished this a long time ago,

but I am bent on HG CGC's for the final 53 books

(AF 15 - ASM 52 to be exact)

It's a slow process, about a book a month

but it's what keeps me happy.