• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apotheosis' Quest for Mary Marvel

57 posts in this topic

Yeah, and a couple of auctions are running or coming up that should add about 6 more to the list :wishluck:

:o

I look forward to seeing them in your Registry! Thanks for putting the photo's in; I know it's a pain but it really adds to your set :)

And the quest marches on... 3 more in today :cloud9:

#27 is one of my favorite covers and outside of the Mile High copy on Metro's site I've never seen another in grade...

wow27.jpg

wow30.jpg

#42 is available in high grade (9.4 I think) off of Vintage Collectibles site, but I just couldn't pull the trigger due to the letters being faded away on the bottom. I think this 8.0 presents much better.

wow42.jpg

wow42.jpg

Congrats, mate! Beautiful books! :applause:

I like this cover in particular; very dynamic.

But there's something about the phrase "Throbbing Suspense with Mr. Scarlet and Pinky" that I find deeply troubling. (shrug)

wow42.jpg

Congrats, mate! Beautiful books! :applause:

I like this cover in particular; very dynamic.

But there's something about the phrase "Throbbing Suspense with Mr. Scarlet and Pinky" that I find deeply troubling. (shrug)

lol:signfunny:

#42 is available in high grade (9.4 I think) off of Vintage Collectibles site, but I just couldn't pull the trigger due to the letters being faded away on the bottom. I think this 8.0 presents much better.

wow42.jpg

You can really see the Judy Garland "model" in the front figure.

Is this a straight photo swipe? Can anyone ID it as a Garland publicity photo?

Jack

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

How far along are you with those Mary Marvels?

There are 50 Wow covers featuring Mary Marvel. I currently have 25 of them so I've officially hit the half way point. Out of the 24 that are graded (the #57 Mile High hasn't come back from CGC yet) 12 are top census, 4 second, 7 third, and 1 fourth highs. Not too bad so far.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

How far along are you with those Mary Marvels?

There are 50 Wow covers featuring Mary Marvel. I currently have 25 of them so I've officially hit the half way point. Out of the 24 that are graded (the #57 Mile High hasn't come back from CGC yet) 12 are top census, 4 second, 7 third, and 1 fourth highs. Not too bad so far.

Sounds like you are well on your way to me! (thumbs u

Wow's are still nice and affordable... even more so then many of the Mary Marvel Comics run. Black Terror is a great run as well though and you get some Schomburg with that one. Tuff call.

Do you happen to have a Mary Marvel #8 yet? It's my favorite cover of the run.

Wow's are still nice and affordable... even more so then many of the Mary Marvel Comics run. Black Terror is a great run as well though and you get some Schomburg with that one. Tuff call.

Do you happen to have a Mary Marvel #8 yet? It's my favorite cover of the run.

Not yet. To be honest I haven't seen a single nice copy up for sale yet. I'm trying to stay in the Fine or better range which is making it a bit more difficult though.