• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apotheosis' Quest for Mary Marvel

57 posts in this topic

Crowley/File's aren't my favorite, but sometimes they're the only option. Always looking to upgrade them... even if it means a minor downgrade in technical grade.

I agree. The file stamp is usually right in the middle of the action and very distracting. The Crowley non-file books, on the other hand, are usually very nice looking with average page quality.

Great set of books you have. Good luck and I will let you know if I run across any.

hey B...

great title and great approach...you are able to get some real quality books, at great prices, at a time when there is little competition...very smart collecting!

gator

Ok... now for the last few that I hadn't scanned in yet...

Got this one from Ciorac and was my first restored comic (that I know of anyway)

wow11b.jpg

I love Fawcett books and my copy of Wow 11 is one of my favorite books actually...the feel of these GA books is great to have in your hands. Good reading too!

I actually love ALL triangle price Fawcetts.

Wow11Front.jpg

The book is actually nicer than the pic shows.

Another one arrived today. My first Rockford as well... That now gives me a Wow from Church, Crippen, Crowley, Crowley File (I count them differently because they're different quality (shrug) ), and Rockford. Hopefully I'll add a Pennsylvania soon :wishluck: Anyone know where the Larson or Rielly copies are?

Wow28.jpg

Very nice, Apotheosis.

How do you tell the difference between the Crowley copy and the Crowley File Copy?

Very nice, Apotheosis.

How do you tell the difference between the Crowley copy and the Crowley File Copy?

The file copies have a big "File Copy" stamped somewhere on the cover. Usually light and usually in the logo area, but in big block letters.

Very nice, Apotheosis.

The file copies have a big "File Copy" stamped somewhere on the cover. Usually light and usually in the logo area, but in big block letters.

That's what I was thinking was going to be the answer. All of the copies were acquired and stored the same way for the same purpose so, to me, there are Crowley file copies that are stamped and those that aren't.

Another one arrived today. My first Rockford as well... That now gives me a Wow from Church, Crippen, Crowley, Crowley File (I count them differently because they're different quality (shrug) ), and Rockford. Hopefully I'll add a Pennsylvania soon :wishluck: Anyone know where the Larson or Rielly copies are?

Wow28.jpg

Great books Brad!

As you know i'm trying my first shot at completing a run with Mary Marvel. The pricing is great but availability has been an issue. I missed out on the Crowley Mary Marvels on CLink recently or I probably would've snagged a 1/2 dozen of them. Oh well. I did make my first CLink purchase (Mary #25 CGC 7.5) so we'll see how that goes.

Best of Luck!

Mike