• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy [!@#%^&^]!!!!

26 posts in this topic

What the who???

I just emailed the high bidder and asked him to PLEASE stop taking the roofinal and get help.

I also mentioned if he had so much extra cash to throw away - I would be happy to dance around while he threw darts at me for $500 per hour.

It doesn't really mean anything except that there is one nut who doesn't have a clue. I am sure all the big deal sellers will peg their prices by this guy's spree - but he will flame out soon I predict and then jopin this site to whine about the prices he paid for books he can't sell.

It just goes to show you that people aren't buying the books anymore, they are buying the grade. FF #45 is a great book, but come on...

Just about ANY book with a 9.4 or higher will sell for crazzzy prices, whereas, you could take the same book out of the plastic holder, call it near mint and it would sell for maybe a third of the 9.4 price.

Well, Bruce (and perhaps others) - at least we don't have to worry about bidding on this one... 893censored-thumb.gif

I admit (as always) that I'm a SA Marvel fanatic, and this is not only one of my favorite pre-50 FF covers but also a cool minor key (Inhumans), but I wouldn't even think of going over $800 for this book. And I just bought a terrific 9.2 oww for about a third of THAT! insane.gif FF's are a nutty market sometimes.

While it is nice to see a lot of great SA stuff on Ebay these weeks (Jason Ewert and Eide's Entertainment being the main sources), I hope we're not going to be shut out by all the nouveau riche bidders. confused-smiley-013.gif If you can't beat 'em, have some patience.

By the way, my wife and I are off on Wednesday to China to adopt our daughter! So I'll be off the boards for the balance of September. Wish us luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan

"By the way, my wife and I are off on Wednesday to China to adopt our daughter! So I'll be off the boards for the balance of September. Wish us luck! "

The best of luck to you and your wife. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif This must be a very exciting time or you. The greatest pleasure in my life, ever, has been my 6 year old daughter! Please let us know about the trip and your new daughter when you return 893applaud-thumb.gif

While it is nice to see a lot of great SA stuff on Ebay these weeks (Jason Ewert and Eide's Entertainment being the main sources), I hope we're not going to be shut out by all the nouveau riche bidders. If you can't beat 'em, have some patience.

The crazy new buyers seem to pop up quite frequently. It really adds an element of randomness to closing prices for auctions.

Good luck with the trip/baby. 893applaud-thumb.gif

it seems like whenever jason ewrett(spelling?) has an auction the prices get crazy.he has some really nice books and how many freaking thor cgc 9.8s of the cover with doctor doom taking his mask off does he have.it seems like he has a new one every month 893scratchchin-thumb.gif