• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelmsford, MA, Comic Show, Aug. 5, meet Astounding Wolf-Man artist Jason Howard

35 posts in this topic

Astounding Wolf-Man artist Jason Howard at Mass. comic show Aug. 5th

CHELMSFORD, MA - Jason Howard, the super hot new artist on The Astounding Wolf-Man, will be the special guest at the Chelmsford Comic Book Show on Sunday, Aug. 5.

The show, organized by Larry's Comics of Lowell, will be held at the Radisson Hotel and Suites, located at Exit 34 off Interstate 495 in Chelmsford, MA. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and admission is just $5. The convenient location features plenty of free parking.

Jason Howard has teamed with superstar writer Robert Kirkman (Invincible, The Walking Dead, Marvel Zombies) to produce the new Wolf-Man series, which was the undisputed breakout hit of this year's Free Comic Book Day. His dynamic artwork brings to life the heroic tale of a man struggling to do good while suffering under a horrible curse.

The Aug. 5th show features a new opening time and many new dealers. Top dealers from all over New England will be on hand at the show offering a wide selection of comics from the Golden Age to the hottest new releases, toys, collectibles, anime, and other pop culture ephemera. Past guest have included superstar artists Ethan Van Sciver, Ron Garney, Howard Porter, Dale Eaglesham, and Rags Morales.

For more information, please visit the show's web site:

http://www.larryscomics.net/shows.html

WOLF-COVER-3-COLORS-B.jpg

WOLF-COVER-2-COLORS.jpg

WOLF_02_06_COLORS.jpg

Greater Boston comic book publisher seeking new artists

CHELMSFORD, MA - Do you think you have what it takes to be a professional comic book artist?

Patrick Cook, Editor-in-Chief of Wicked Good Comics, will be reviewing portfolios and soliciting artists for upcoming projects at the next Chelmsford Comic Book Show.

All interested artists are urged to attend the show on Sunday, Aug. 5, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The show is held at the Radisson Hotel & Suites, located just off I-495 at exit 34. Admission is just $5.

Portfolios should showcase a variety of skills, from sequential storytelling to panel layout and backgrounds to convincing character portrayals, rather than simply an emphasis on "pin-up" artwork. Aspiring artists are urged to bring a small variety of sample pages which best illustrate their artistic skills, with inclusion of a short (three to six pages) sequential story highly recommend.

Sample scripts are also available in advance of the show. E-mail Cook at patrickecook@yahoo.com for more information.

Wicked Good Comics burst onto the publishing scene with its "The Original Nine" Preview Edition, which premiered at Wizard World Boston in 2005. Their new projects promise to fulfill the potential shown in that dynamic debut issue.

For more information, please visit the Chelmsford Comic Book Show web site:

http://www.larryscomics.net

The special guest at the Aug. 5 show will be Jason Howard, artist of "The Astounding Wolf-Man" from Image Comics.

yes the next plainville show i believe is august 26 - will be there - lots of new stuff -

I'm gonna make this one come hell or high water.

The next East Hartford Holiday Inn Comic Book show is August 12. I do hope to make it to Plainville to say hello to Cliff.

*spoon*! That's another show I'm going to miss! We don't get back from Vero Beach, FL until the 15th of August. And I was kind of interested in trying to get a sketch/signature on the Wolf-Man #1 since the art WAS kind of fun looking. Oh well. At least I'm getting 1 of the 3 shows in the area tonofbricks.gif

yes the next plainville show i believe is august 26 - will be there - lots of new stuff -

I'm gonna make this one come hell or high water.

The next East Hartford Holiday Inn Comic Book show is August 12. I do hope to make it to Plainville to say hello to Cliff.

I'll be there as well. thumbsup2.gif

Hey guys... Thanks for the support. Here is some more info and the poster for the show. See you there!

P20070805.jpg

-Larry's Comics

Monkeyhouse Entertainment will be set up at Larry's Chelmsford show August 5. and Larry's will be set up at the Boston Comic Book Convention July 22.