• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Charlie Adlard Walking Dead OA

31 posts in this topic

you just missed a nice one that was in the OA marketplace on ebay. Think it was Nexus selling it. You could also check the pages on his reps site. (can't remember which one, maybe splashpage)

you just missed a nice one that was in the OA marketplace on ebay. Think it was Nexus selling it. You could also check the pages on his reps site. (can't remember which one, maybe splashpage)

Yep, splashpageart reps Adlard. Here you go....

Zombies prominently displayed preffered. Maybe getting done in by rick wink.gif

I do have three pages in the sequence where Michonne tortures the governor. devil.gif

I do have three pages in the sequence where Michonne tortures the governor. devil.gif

Since I just finished the fifth trade where the governor is trying to break Michonne, I'm wondering if you can post any scans?

Or are they not suitable for a family friendly board such as this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since I just finished the fifth trade where the governor is trying to break Michonne, I'm wondering if you can post any scans?

Or are they not suitable for a family friendly board such as this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Umm...they are pretty extreme including a couple panels with a spoon and an eye-ball....I can post some scans on my site later today.

C

Umm...they are pretty extreme including a couple panels with a spoon and an eye-ball....I can post some scans on my site later today.

C

hail.gif

Thanks for the mention! The pages sold on Ebay. They were consecutive pages showing Rick and Tyrese duking it out with some zombies. Here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=120133539735

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=120130580604

I actually like Adlard's art on this title better than Moore's as I think his style fits the story better. I also think these were two of the stronger pages from his run so far. But, as you can see, the market values their work quite differently.

if not for it being con season, I would have made a run at the latest WD page and probably the first frank squadron page, but just too tight right now saving for chicago.

I've got a weakness for Walking Dead Adlard art myself. I just got into OA too and I've picked a few pieces over the last couple months. Check out my gallery. I have a few pages I'm willing to trade (the ones I'm not will be obvious). If anyone has any info about how to get my hands on a Cliff Rathburn back cover, please let me know. Thanks.

Mark has posted pages from issues 38/39. Here are a couple of pretty sweet deals. They are priced pretty low compared to what is normal, especially the splash page. Normally I would have already bought them (but the omnibus wraparound tapped me out/I'm going on mid-tour leave soon). Somebody please grab these pages and give them a good home.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11077&GSub=634&GCat=0&UCat=0&Style=Text

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11075&GSub=634&GCat=0&UCat=0&Style=Text

Mark has posted pages from issues 38/39. Here are a couple of pretty sweet deals. They are priced pretty low compared to what is normal, especially the splash page. Normally I would have already bought them (but the omnibus wraparound tapped me out/I'm going on mid-tour leave soon). Somebody please grab these pages and give them a good home.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11077&GSub=634&GCat=0&UCat=0&Style=Text

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11075&GSub=634&GCat=0&UCat=0&Style=Text

Wow, I just sent a request to buy that Splash page! This would be my first real plunge into OA, but for $150, I can't pass that up! So, what happens now....I sent the request with my name/email/phone number....do they contact me? Is it first come first serve?

As long as the piece didn't say "on hold" when you subbed your order, you got the piece. Mark Hay will respond (usually quickly, I don't know if he is going to Chicago or not). No fears though, the page will be held and it is yours whenever he gets back to you. If you pay him via paypal you have to add an extra 3-4% (a few bucks on $150). That page is bad@$$. I can't believe it was only $150! Great grab. Did you find it on your own or did my post help? I hope that I am a factor in your first Walking Dead OA purchase. That would make my day. Mark is a great guy and he ships quickly. Again, CONGRATS!

It definitely looks like everything's good. The page is now marked as "on hold". these pages were just listed within the last 6 hours or so. i've been keeping an eye out for a few days. If I understood him correctly, Mark thought he was going to have them posted earlier in the week.