• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My small Golden Age find

15 posts in this topic

Its getting tougher to pick up GA books in my weekend treasure hunts, so I am pretty happy with this batch. These came from an elderly couple from NY who had decided they wanted to live on a houseboat and are downsizing. About 40 or so comics with some of the better ones pictured below. The cool book of the batch is the Whiz 25, first appearance of Captain Marvel JR. The Fiction House titles, I did not have, so that was cool too. thumbsup2.gif Hopefully there will be more. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

gapurchase.jpg

whiz25.jpg

Its getting tougher to pick up GA books in my weekend treasure hunts, so I am pretty happy with this batch. These came from an elderly couple from NY who had decided they wanted to live on a houseboat and are downsizing. About 40 or so comics with some of the better ones pictured below. The cool book of the batch is the Whiz 25, first appearance of Captain Marvel JR. The Fiction House titles, I did not have, so that was cool too. thumbsup2.gif Hopefully there will be more. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

gapurchase.jpg

whiz25.jpg

Congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hope those books give you a small fraction of the fun we get from your posts!

Its getting tougher to pick up GA books in my weekend treasure hunts, so I am pretty happy with this batch. These came from an elderly couple from NY who had decided they wanted to live on a houseboat and are downsizing.]

translation: 40+ GA comics that have not been restored without disclosure, restored with disclosure, graded, pressed into pancakes, graded and cracked out, or overgraded by a greedy dealer.......congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Steve

Its getting tougher to pick up GA books in my weekend treasure hunts, so I am pretty happy with this batch. These came from an elderly couple from NY who had decided they wanted to live on a houseboat and are downsizing.]

translation: 40+ GA comics that have not been restored without disclosure, restored with disclosure, graded, pressed into pancakes, graded and cracked out, or overgraded by a greedy dealer.......congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Steve

That's interesting. I just read it as fewer golden age books were coming out of the woodwork, period. There must be a lot of between the lines commentary I am missing.

Steve

That's interesting. I just read it as fewer golden age books were coming out of the woodwork, period. There must be a lot of between the lines commentary I am missing.

You read it right. thumbsup2.gif I have found some nice collections recently but they were mostly silver and bronze with the occasional GA book. This is the first purchase in a long time that was exclusively 40's and 50's books.

I think what Steve was referring to was that since I know the provenance, there is no worry of monkey business. As far as the time spent looking for OO collections, it is what me and the wife do for fun on the weekends. Granted we look for other things while out garage sale-ing and flea-marketing, but I never waste an opportunity to ask about comics. grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.giftakeit.gif the Fight Comics. cool.gif find!

I agree! Fight Comics #38 is one of my favorite covers in the Fight run. I am hoping to pick up a high grade copy of this issue at Chicago's Wizardworld.

Steve

ricky, look at who he just had to spend the weekend with; give the man a little room for crankiness, at least thru friday.