• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

Does it say where it was sold?

Nope.

if you're a subscriber, email them and they will tell you

Or PM George on the boards. I did that before and he even linked me to all the auctions.

Thanks (thumbs u

Congrats on your score! ---what's the PQ (white, off-white, cream)?

Check out GPA for the value. Or if you don't subscribe to them (yet), just do what they do; check out the main auction sites & big boy comic dealer websites for their asking prices/realized sales. I'd start with Heritage, Comiclink, Metropolis.

A book like that, you should want to get as much info as possible before moving it.

Happy fact finding, Rick

*now that I typed all that, someone's just gonna throw the $$ up there, huh?*

I got a reply from Gpanalysis....the JLA #1 CGC 9.0, they say was sold by Quality Comix....I have checked Brent's site every week or so and never saw it for sale....any thing else you can add to this, Brent?

pq is off-white to white,i have gpa but a 8.5 hasn't sold since like 2002

Cappel,

There was a JLA #1 CGC 8.5 Bethlehem Pedigree that sold in a ComicLink auction a few months ago. I believe it sold for $6K+

P.S.---Comiclink does not send in their sales to GPA

I was watching that auction closely and would have bid more aggressively, but

I didn't like the date stamp on the cover...

That book has been put up on ebay and other various sites numerous times with no buyers. Personally I didnt want that copy because of the ugly distributors mark/stain on the top of the book.

It may sound counter intuitive but JLA #1 seems a lot hotter then BB 28 is and the prices are showing this. I guess what someone said in another thread is true, there are many JLA completionists, not as many BB guys and because of that JLA #1 is bringing in some great prices.

That book has been put up on ebay and other various sites numerous times with no buyers. Personally I didnt want that copy because of the ugly distributors mark/stain on the top of the book.

It may sound counter intuitive but JLA #1 seems a lot hotter then BB 28 is and the prices are showing this. I guess what someone said in another thread is true, there are many JLA completionists, not as many BB guys and because of that JLA #1 is bringing in some great prices.

TeddieMercede is absolutely right...I went to e-bay to check it out and that is the same BB 28 that has been on e-bay and other sites multiple times...

I checked GPA and the last BB 28 in CGC 8.0 sold in 11/07 for just over $4200.

$5000 is probably a good price for BB 28 in 8.0 if it had at least off-white to white pages and no distributor mark (that is a big eye sore)...

I also agree that JLA #1 is hotter...

It seems BB #28 is hot if it is ultra-high grade (ie: CGC 9.0 or better) or if it is low-to-mid grade and affordable. There was a BB 28 CGC 7.0 that sat on Blazing Bob's site (highgradecomics.com) for a good price for much longer than I thought it would...

Spook,

I remember that particular copy being on Metro's site for something like 5650, odd a key book like that cant hold its value, stain or not, but 4200 for a 8.0 last year is pretty eye opening.

Im am curious what a 9.0 would sell for right now at auction, I was very surprised that 2 very nice 9.0s (different copies) sold for a little over 10,500 at 2 separate Heritage Sig auctions at the end of 06 and the beginning of 07. I fully expected both to hit the 15K range and neither came close.

Spook,

I remember that particular copy being on Metro's site for something like 5650, odd a key book like that cant hold its value, stain or not, but 4200 for a 8.0 last year is pretty eye opening.

Im am curious what a 9.0 would sell for right now at auction, I was very surprised that 2 very nice 9.0s (different copies) sold for a little over 10,500 at 2 separate Heritage Sig auctions at the end of 06 and the beginning of 07. I fully expected both to hit the 15K range and neither came close.

Yep, I remember those. Wish I had had some freed up cash to win those back then. I think if they came up for sale now, it would hit 15K...the 9.2 (toth copy) just sold for almost $36K...

Also, I can't remember (for those 9.0 copies) what the next incremental bid would have been...

There are always books in auction that I wish I could buy at the final sale price, but was unwilling to go another increment...

So, are you thinking about selling your number 1 or putting it away for awhile?

I have jla 1-30 in 9.0 or better but im missing about 4 issues.Wwhere would be the best place to sell them? I had thought i should complete the run and then list 1-30 on heritage any thoughts? Thanks BB

So, are you thinking about selling your number 1 or putting it away for awhile?

I have jla 1-30 in 9.0 or better but im missing about 4 issues.Wwhere would be the best place to sell them? I had thought i should complete the run and then list 1-30 on heritage any thoughts? Thanks BB

If you can get Heritage to guarantee that they'll all be in a Signature auction, then Heritage would be the best way to go, in my opinion. If they could guarantee only some in Signature and the rest in the weekly auctions, I would consider CL. Actually, since Pedigree is going to be auctioning the JLA 1-3, you might want to consider going with Doug since there's bound to be a lot of attention for JLAs because of those 3 books.

Any of your issues in 9.4 or better? :popcorn:

I got a reply from Gpanalysis....the JLA #1 CGC 9.0, they say was sold by Quality Comix....I have checked Brent's site every week or so and never saw it for sale....any thing else you can add to this, Brent?

This was a sale made to a good customer last month. Stunning 9.0.

Very appealing book, bondguy.

Looks like the grade was kept down due to the corners (esp LRC), spine tanning & the top staple.

Has good coloring & overall centering (and of course, great pq).

I don't pay much attention to <9.0 pricing (that's my cut-off), but if you ever find a way to get that bumped to 9.0>, lmk because I'm all about the label!

Best to you on the sale on this super-fine book, Rick

This was a sale made to a good customer last month. Stunning 9.0.

(thumbs u