• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

They are not HG comics but you have to start somewhere.

1 is a 5-5.0

2-5 are about a 4.0 with my hope that they will be a grade higher. I think I got them for very reasonable prices so will not be disappointed if they come in at 3.5.

Thanks for the tips on the other issues. Will be trolling with interest. My real goal is to find a B&B 28 next but you never know when opportunity will knock.

Cheers

Sanj

Hey, Congrats on that TC pickup! As far as I'm concerned, any HG superhero book that came out before Spidey, like this one in March of '62, is welcomed even in C-OW.

Gotta be Tim's, right? He was the most recent owner, wasn't he? At least now I know who to talk to when I can afford it. :whistle: Again, sweet pick-up. BTW, PIC PIC PIC!!

After over 10 years of grading, what's the likelihood another #10 in 9.4+ showing up? I know we DC collectors are more loyal than Marvel, but money talks...eventually. Hello, Mound City?

Rick

Hey, Congrats on that TC pickup! As far as I'm concerned, any HG superhero book that came out before Spidey, like this one in March of '62, is welcomed even in C-OW.

Gotta be Tim's, right? He was the most recent owner, wasn't he? At least now I know who to talk to when I can afford it. :whistle: Again, sweet pick-up. BTW, PIC PIC PIC!!

After over 10 years of grading, what's the likelihood another #10 in 9.4+ showing up? I know we DC collectors are more loyal than Marvel, but money talks...eventually. Hello, Mound City?

Rick

no, i bought it raw eons ago and just had it graded. i'll post a pic when the book comes in.

Oh, you didn't stipulate that your rejoicing was over it being recently graded (or maybe I wasn't paying attention). Either way, wowzers!!

Plus, you just answered my ?? about when the next one comes...NOW !!

I'm getting tempted to send my 9.0 in; it's got a good shot at 9.2 I think (1st graded back in dec 2000).

Congrats again!!

Rick

After perusing the current JLA offerings from the CL auction, I just gotta say, What?

RADD42E620091222_15143.jpg

Not just a mis-wrap. Not just a diagonal mis-wrap. But a mis-CUT gets a 9.6 ??? I don't care how structurally perfect it may be.

CGC really dropped the ball on this one. Yeah yeah, grading's subjective & they have their "un-publicized" standards...but come on! Anyone out there dare to try & convince me this is a deserving grade?

Personally, specimens like this make me believe they do it on purpose every once in a while just to make the naive think their eye-sore copies have a chance at super-stardom.

I'd love to have a 9.6 copy. But a real one.

Do the right thing CGC; buy this copy and pop it. This does not help your rep in the long run.

Rick

PS: Hope the current owner doesn't get offended. You're still gonna make more coin on this ish than it deserves -from those who buy the label, my concern right now is CGC's integrity. Is this a candidate for the HG fugly Hall Of Shame?

After perusing the current JLA offerings from the CL auction, I just gotta say, What?

Not just a mis-wrap. Not just a diagonal mis-wrap. But a mis-CUT gets a 9.6 ??? I don't care how structurally perfect it may be.

CGC really dropped the ball on this one. Yeah yeah, grading's subjective & they have their "un-publicized" standards...but come on! Anyone out there dare to try & convince me this is a deserving grade?

Personally, specimens like this make me believe they do it on purpose every once in a while just to make the naive think their eye-sore copies have a chance at super-stardom.

I'd love to have a 9.6 copy. But a real one.

Do the right thing CGC; buy this copy and pop it. This does not help your rep in the long run.

Rick

PS: Hope the current owner doesn't get offended. You're still gonna make more coin on this ish than it deserves -from those who buy the label, my concern right now is CGC's integrity. Is this a candidate for the HG fugly Hall Of Shame?

Yep, it's pretty fugly.

Can`t believe no one has commented on the fact that there is now a 9.4 copy of JLA 19, and it`s in the current CL auction. Is it real or is it Matt-orex? Either way, is there now a 9.4 or better copy of every issue from 1-40 now?

Can`t believe no one has commented on the fact that there is now a 9.4 copy of JLA 19, and it`s in the current CL auction. Is it real or is it Matt-orex? Either way, is there now a 9.4 or better copy of every issue from 1-40 now?

move along. nothing to see here. oooh, look at the pretty stars in the sky :whistle:

move along. nothing to see here. oooh, look at the pretty stars in the sky :whistle:

lol

Anyone with enough energy to check whether it's the same book as the 9.2 PC?

Congrats Mike on picking up the #19 (I assume it's you) ! $2600 for that 9.4-B ...you wanted it more than me. But not much more.

Lots to talk about regarding the CL results; let's start with:

$2300...?

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. It's obviously not a pressing candidate, and it took at least 2 bidders to drive it up this high, so... label chasers?

I don't know. I gotta sleep on it. Opinions -that make sense- are extremely welcome.

Rick