• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 48

10 posts in this topic

My first reaction was 7.0, but I'd say 6.0 on closer examination. There appears to be a faint crease lower right front (or am I making that up?), some small tears around the lower staple, and a good deal of spine wear, if the area next to the Watcher's armpit is any indication.

Good eye, John. The spine wear next to the Watcher's armpit is the worst area of the spine. There is staple stress at the bottom staple. And, a faint two inch diagonal crease at the BR corner which goes across the Thing's left foot, then does not break color in the yellow area.

I know it is not in 8.0 or 9.0 territory, but it has excellent eye appeal to me.

The good stuff:

Well-centered wrap

Front cover is otherwise pretty clean

bright colors and nice gloss

inside pages look unread

back cover is quite clean

I would like to hear from other forumites

Well, well- I'm actually finding myself on the higher end of the grading spectrum here (though not by much)- I figure this at a solid 6.5 maybe 7.0. Right and bottom edges look really sharp. Great looking cover altogether.

A No-Prize! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm diggin' it.

I give this a VS+ grade (very sweet plus), or for those traditionalists amongst you: 7.0.

You'd have spine wear, too, if you had the Watcher's armpit in your face for 40+ years.