• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another hilarious eBay auction - thanks, CharltonGuy

63 posts in this topic

rofl.gifOh lordy, they pulled it! rofl.gif

Imagine that!

I guess that last update from the O.o.H.S. just went a wee bit too far...imagine that.

rofl.gifSEE YOU IN GUANTANAMO!!! rofl.gif

rofl.gifBUT I'LL BE BACK!!! rofl.gif

What a joke that e-bay would pull that and we see every other week some fool that can barely write a proper word with a stolen image of AF 15 or Action comics 1 and when we report those sellers with the big donut zero for feedback, ebay policy will not allow them to pull the listing unless the owner of the image reports it. foreheadslap.gif

Charlton Guy, I guess your incredible book and auction struck a little too close to home for them and they probably could see it wasn't going to sell for squat. I feel your pain after such an incredible job done and the hours of labor you put in. It was

"nearly" perfect. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, I do admit that I went over the top with my last "Update" whish was a red, large cap warning from "The Office of Homeland Security" warning to proceed at your own risk. Lesson? Don't mess with the powers that be.

The reason that ebay cited as their reason for pulling the auction was, and I quote:

"The purpose of the eBay Web site is to enable members to buy and sell items from each other. Listings that do not offer an item for sale through the site, or that are designed for any other purpose, are not permitted."

"In addition, sellers are not permitted to state their personal opinions and views in their listings."

Don't you hate it when that happens? Land of the free and all.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Danny Dupcak and his current sidekick, Robo-Jojo were probably wearing out their report button on this one.

But have no fear, The Charlton Guy is here.

And I'll be BACK! Tonight! Same ebay time, same ebay station, so stay tuned.

And have a great day.

Bo Bo wants his comic...

Well guess what Bobo fans?

I managed to save all of the Q & A from the auction just before it was pulled. insane.gif

They're pretty long-winded (imagine that), but if you folks are interested, I will be happy to post them here.

Or... do what I am going to do, and start over again with the questions when I relist this SUPER-DUPER-GEM-MINT WITH A CHERRY ON TOP (No cherry included) SILVER AGE BEAUTY tonight.

See ya then!

Best regards,

The Charlton Guy

I just asked him what Pedgree collection it was from. That will determine my bid.

27_laughing.gif

This was his response.

Hello and thanks for your interest in this item. This is indeed a Pedigree copy, from the Green Mile High Pedigree collection. I came upon it (sorry about that) early in 1868 when I was shopping for figs at a small street market in Maine. A strange little fellow came up and said that he had some comics for sale. This little feller's name was Hermann P. Grummond. He had once owned a news-stand in Portland, Maine and had a volumnuous warehouse where he had carefully archived five of each comic book ever produced by D.C. comics. He offered me some lobster, I gave him some of my figs, and we struck up a fast and close friendship that lasted until his death in 1983. If not for those figs, I might never have met Hermann, and thus might never have gotten into comic collecting at all. At that time, I much prefered reading old tran station timetables. However, after our fig and lobster snack, he gave me this comic book, which I have since kept and preserved (yes, and pressed, see previous question), and cherished ever since Hermann's passing. So it is with great regret and much nostalgia that I part with this beauty. In case you didn't know, the Green Mile High collection didn't hit the greater comic collecting market until 1997, when Hermann's cousin Ethyl decided it was time to cash in on this rare Pedigree collection so she could buy some new teeth. These Green Mile High books are now cropping up in some of the highest priced comic book showrooms from coast to coast, but as far as I know, this is the only Green Mile High comic that has ever been offered up on ebay. Direct form Hermann P. Grummond to you. With love and nostalgia written all over it. Well... not ACTUALLY written all over it, but you know what I mean. I am sure that if this book is sent to CGC, it would be appropriately noted as a "Green Mile High Collection" Pedigree copy. A book for the ages...sigh... Thanks again and best regards, The Charlton Guy

Too funny. 27_laughing.gif

Charlton Guy is my hero!

Question: is Charlton Guy someone on these boards? Come on, fess-up.

apparently so. he is rather active on the Stlcomics.com messageboards as well

Look above, he beat you by 45 minutes tongue.gif

thus, the "apparently so." makepoint.gif

• Administrator
Thanks to Gemma for getting me back up and running here! flowerred.gif

I have spent like six months trying to remember my dang log-in info, to no avail, until Gemma came along. flowerred.gif

Hey Gemma? Ever been to Hawaii? Or Russia? Do you like figs? flowerred.gif

No problem! I saw the thread just before I received your e-mail, so the timing couldn't have been better! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Glad to bring back a crowd-favorite...now behave! makepoint.gif j/k

Thanks to Gemma for getting me back up and running here! flowerred.gif

I have spent like six months trying to remember my dang log-in info, to no avail, until Gemma came along. flowerred.gif

Hey Gemma? Ever been to Hawaii? Or Russia? Do you like figs? flowerred.gif

No problem! I saw the thread just before I received your e-mail, so the timing couldn't have been better! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Glad to bring back a crowd-favorite...now behave! makepoint.gif j/k

I'll be an absolute Saint! flowerred.gif

I promise! flowerred.gif

Charl-Pat.jpg

St. Charlton

I love this reason:

"In addition, sellers are not permitted to state their personal opinions and views in their listings."

I'll have to remember this one...no more grades are descriptors like, "this book would make a great addition to your collection", as those would only be my opinions & views. I guess this is great news for CGC as books graded by third parties would be A-Ok as they fall outside the seller's "personal" opinion.

I agree with Fay. It is a sad state that eBay allows obvious scams, potentially defrauding buyers out of thousands of dollars, but instead invests the time and effort into worrying about a low dollar auction with some light-hearted humor.

Yeah, or no more descriptors like "take a look at that X-Men #1 and Amazing Spiderman #1 that

Danny/Robo-Jojo sold for $3,550 and $2,120 (respectively) last night!".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

That's what got it pulled. Go ahead folks! Shop around (his recently completed auctions). It would be laughable if people weren't getting ripped off for thousands of dollars. And go ahead Danny Boy hi.gif, hit that report button as many times as you want, this time? This baby IS SELLING!

Cus come hell or high water, there's a re-list of my original (and soon to be patented) auction, featuring my "SUPER-DUPER-GEM-MINT-PLUS! WITH A CHERRY ON TOP! (Cherry not included)" DETECTIVE #306" , including, of course, THE CHARLTON GUY QUARANTINED UNRESTORED IRON-CLAD GUARANTEE! Coming up later tonight.

See you there Danny. hi.gif

Dattta' boy Charlton Guy, 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Keep listing it and hopefully more and more clueless buyers get the true meaning and eventually they can shut down Robojo33, AKA Comic-Keys, AKA Richard Koos and of course the master criminal Danny boy the 893censored-thumb.gif low-life who is actually all of those people or ID's

Try getting a job Danny boy. confused-smiley-013.gif And color touching and trimming books isn't considered a job when you hide that fact from your buyers. Maybe you could contact Comicguy4 and help him out because his color touch jobs are too easy to spot. 27_laughing.gif

Thanks man!

And I will...I will.

After all, a Charlton Guy's gotta do what a Charlton Guy's gotta do... insane.gif

yay.gifKeep those questions coming folks! yay.gif

REVISED FRONT COVER SCAN!!!

A-Detective-306-For-Danny-Boy.jpg

UNADULTERATED! NO PHOTO-SHOPPING!

QUARANTINED UNRESTORED!!!