• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 12

Choose next comic to leave list  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Choose next comic to leave list

70 posts in this topic

I voted for Iron Man, but it looks like the Zombies are strictly voting party lines.

GL should not be going for several more rounds. He should have outlasted IM, Hulk and the biggest re-tread in all of comics THOR sumo.gif

Hopefully ALL of those Marvels will go b4 the next DC bites the dust.

Again, we're blurring/crossing the lines between the significance of the issues themselves and our personal preferences. I thought we were supposed to be voting solely on the historical significance of the issues themselves, not on the characters and not whether we liked them or not. When did that change?

i think that was thrown out along with spidy 1

No, it was thrown out with Adventure 247.

Just a reminder that no parameters on how you vote were ever set. If it's for a hero you like, it's your (and Bobby Brown's) perogative. If you're voting off DC's just for spite, you're entitled to though I think it defeats the purpose of this.

BTW, is JC gone again? I haven't seen him here in the Survivor Series lately.

I think he was successfully chased off in one of the other threads. yay.gif

Either that, or his parents cut off his internet access privileges again. 27_laughing.gif

I think he was successfully chased off in one of the other threads. yay.gif

Either that, or his parents cut off his internet access privileges again. 27_laughing.gif

Ouch. 27_laughing.gif

you guys are killing me...Thor's a wimp....all smartied out in tights and a cloak and walking on rainbows.....not that there's anything wrong with that....

Iron man deserves to last longer than that cane wielding pansy. I hope all the smart guys voting off the GL cast aside the JIM next......ugh.

I voted for Iron Man to go. I'm trying to look at things from a "historical significance" perspective, so I don't see why GL has to go yet, other than people just jumping on a bandwagon. IMO, a revamped GL being revived in the SA and given his own title is a lot more significant than the first appearance of IM.

I don't disagree....GL is a cool character and very significant...that's why I voted JIM 83..........

Iron Man was my first major key....favorite marvel character, so I'm trying to curry favor.

I'll be voting for Brave & the Bold#28 next round.

Why?

Because I don't really view a grouping of already established heroes as anything utterly as significant as singular first appearances. This would be unlike the FF4, which formed as a group from the get go.

Why?

Because I don't really view a grouping of already established heroes as anything utterly as significant as singular first appearances. This would be unlike the FF4, which formed as a group from the get go.

But... but... without B&B 28, there would be no FF 1!

Why?

But... but... without B&B 28, there would be no FF 1!

True. The FF was Marvel's version of the JLA. And putting them together as a team is different than having them in their own titles. I think B&B 28 has great historical significance, because it brought back the "team book" concept for the SA and showed that it would be popular.

But, diff'rent strokes.....

Weren't the Avengers Marvel's answer to the Justice League? confused-smiley-013.gif

And FF the reimagining of Challengers of the Unknown? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes that is true... and I have it on good authority that the Defenders where their version of Josie and the Pussycats.

Weren't the Avengers Marvel's answer to the Justice League? confused-smiley-013.gif

I always thought the Avengers was Marvel putting a bunch of second-stringers into a single magazine because at the time they were severely limited in how many books they could get on the newstands every week.

Yes that is true... and I have it on good authority that the Defenders where their version of Josie and the Pussycats.

Ah... I see...

So that's your way of saying the FF were the updated version of Scooby-Doo and the gang! thumbsup2.gif

Ah... I see...

So that's your way of saying the FF were the updated version of Scooby-Doo and the gang! thumbsup2.gif

And they would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

I always thought the Avengers was Marvel putting a bunch of second-stringers into a single magazine because at the time they were severely limited in how many books they could get on the newstands every week.

So do you consider Thor, IM, and The Hulk second stringers?

So do you consider Thor, IM, and The Hulk second stringers?

I think he means that what they became after the new line-up in issue 16 with Captain America leading the team.